📊 2023 OpenText Cybersecurity Threat Report
Best answer by Kit 7 May 2012, 16:16
Hey, Dan, how did this get anything to lock? Last time I watched Webroot with ProcMon, it never did any exclusive opens or locks until it found something it explicitly didn't like (Full Positive). Did the code base change that dramatically?
As a coder, you should be familiar with stream (including file) open commands. You pick the file, you pick the mode, you get a handle.
So why am I geting locked files that are causing compliation to fail? Lockhunter reports WRSA holding the locks.
Here is Google's "strong" advice re. installation of its G Suite syncing software, to permit MS Outlook users to sync their pst files with G Suite email, etc.:
"Dear G Suite Sync user,
Thanks for installing G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook®. This software will synchronize your calendar, contacts, email, notes, tasks and domain's global address list with G Suite. Before you get started, there are a few things you should know about the current version of G Suite:
• Your journal entries will not synchronize with G Suite.
• G Suite Sync will initially download up to 1GB of email from the G Suite Server to your desktop. You can change this setting from the system tray menu. (learn more).
• Your initial sync can take a long time, because there's a lot of email to download. To see your synchronization status, look at synchronization status in your system tray.
• We strongly recommend that you create an exclude rule in your antivirus software so that it does not scan any files located under %LOCALAPPDATA%GoogleGoogle Apps Sync.
For more information, go here:
• G Suite Sync User Manual
• What's different and won't sync between Microsoft Outlook® and G Suite
• Read the Frequently Asked Questions
• Tools for administrators deploying G Suite Sync
• How to get help
Thanks for using G Suite Sync,
The G Suite Sync Team"
During operations on large files Webroot contributes a significant portion of the CPU overhead. If the customer believes these particular files are safe they should have the option to exclude them from protection and un-needed overhead.
Already have an account? Login
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Sorry, we're still checking this file's contents to make sure it's safe to download. Please try again in a few minutes.
Sorry, our virus scanner detected that this file isn't safe to download.
© 2004 -
We have recently updated our Privacy Policies. We encourage you to read the full terms here.