Solved

Features

• 22 August 2012
  • 5 replies

Hi I was wanting to know if anyone could tell me the features of WSA-C. Like does it auto sandbox like Avast! And comodo? Does it have HIPS like eset and comodo?.. How does the firewall work? Does WSA-C work offline? I ask because I didn't get the memo when I bought this.
icon

Best answer by YegorP 22 August 2012, 17:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
The best way to get acquainted with WSA Complete is reading at
http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-compare.html and http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products-secureanywhere-complete.html 

Providing that you have additional questions, somebody from Webroot staff will be happy to answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello lion4737 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums! You might want to look at the online Webroot SecureAnywhere Context Help File even though the GUI has changed in v8.0.1.229 it will go though the details of each feature!

TH
Userlevel 7
Hey there lion4737,

Welcome to the Webroot Community. Good questions! *And thanks Pegas and T.H for chiming in and providing some useful links!*

Adding my two cents here...

1. Webroot SecureAnywhere is pretty intelligent. It won't auto-sandbox every last file just for the sake of auto-sandboxing, but will definitely do so if the file in question merits being sandboxed (i.e. exhibits a significant level of suspicious behavior). That being said, you can sandbox any file you'd like to manually as well. Simply open Webroot SecureAnywhere, go to "System Tools", click "System Control", and click "Start" under "SafeStart Sandbox".

2. We do have HIPS built into our "Control Active Processes" and "Sandbox" features of SecureAnywhere.

3. In a nutshell, our firewall works together with Windows firewall by providing outbound protection (looking for untrusted processes that try to connect to the internet and steal your information) while the Windows firewall monitors what data traffic that comes into your computer. For a complete description of how the Webroot firewall works, click here.

4. Yes, Webroot SecureAnywhere does work to keep you protected even when you're offline and there isn't communication with the Cloud in the form of our Behavioral Shields and Local Heuristics. My colleague MikeR does a great job explaining this further here.

Hope that answers your questions. Let me know if you're still not sure about anything or if you have any other questions.
Hi

I have Webroot SecureAnywhere.  I understand its anti-virus/malware functions.  Does it also have a 'destroy' function that will allow me to selectively & securely destroy (overwright securely) selected files and docs?  I'm going to allow someone else to start using my spare pc but I want various files securely wiped off first.

If it does, how do I access it?  If it does no, does Webroot offer a price-competitive program that will do so?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Thomas
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello thines0911,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Please have a look at the comparisons here http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/complete

WebrootSecure Anywhere Complete will make deleted files unrecoverable.

Have a look at the User Guide

Hope I answered your questions and if not please come on back.

Regards,

Eliminates traces of online activity