File path and type of outgoing program

• 10 October 2013
  • 12 replies

My WSA Complete recently updated to the new version and one of the first things I saw after turning on the computer was this:

Unfortunately I was unable to view the full file path or even the file name or type to make an informed decision. Even after clicking on event details I don't remember seeing either, though I don't have a screenshot of it. Is there a way to view the full file path and file type from this warning?

Another issue I have seen is that when viewing the execution history and then clicking the more information button, the persistent event details area flashes 3 or 4 times per second when the cursor is not placed in that area.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you save a Scan Log and look at it as it should show you what happened.

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It sounds like your having issues with the upgrade I would suggest you do a clean reinstall! Download WSA here and make sure you have a copy of your Keycode then Uninstall WSA and  Reboot then install with the new installer and please let us know if everything is working well.

Thanks,

TH
This is the event details screen for another process:

Even here there is no information for file name, type, or file path. I may be incorrect, but without that information how could you make a decision about the program if you don't know where or what it is? One way this could be solved would be to have the information presented like it is in the Control Active Processes section within the utilities configuration. There it is listed as [filename][filepath] and hovering the mouse over the path shows most of the full file path.

Even after the fresh install I am still seeing the flashing on the persistent event details area. Here is a blurry video that shows what I am describing. Webroot Flash. You can see that when I position the cursor over the text area it stops flashing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can I ask you for some of your system specs? Version of Windows 32 or 64bit how much memory and video card maybe you need to check for updated Video drivers as I have WSA on many systems and I get no flashes, my main system is Win 7 x64.

Thanks,

TH
Win7 64bit, 8GB ram, and Geforce GTX 760 with latest stable drivers. One correlation I made was that it flashes quite fast when I have Firefox(24.0) running, but significantly less when it's not running. Internet Explorer did not have any effect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
OK we have gone as far as I can go to troubleshoot can you please Submit a Support Ticket for further support as they can gathers logs from your system and if necessary do a remote session with you. Also point them to this thread so they can see what we tried and they can see the Video of the Flashing.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Will do, thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're very Welcome please let us know the outcome as it could help other users if they come across this Issue!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
I haven't checked the support system to see what's going on with the case yet, but I did query the MD5 on VirusTotal, which can provide the sort of info you're looking for.  The file looks ok to me, just based on that info.  Of course, our threat researchers can provide the best response.  VirusTotal link to file details.
I believe it's safe, it's the GameFly download manager. The main issue is that I was not able to figure that out from the first screenshot in my op. Again, I could be missing something, but to me it just looks as though a program was trying to connect and there was no way to get any more information from that screen about the what and where to make a decision.
Userlevel 2
Do you have a link to the file that you downloaded?
GameFly Digital. It's a setup.exe that installed to the area in the op. The program 'GameFly.Digital.Client.Driver.exe' then starts at boot.