Solved

Firefox freezes


I just bought a new PC and the salesman was speaking very highly of Webroot. So, I thought I'd give it a try. Setting up my PC I tried to install the latest Firefox browser that Webroot deleted without any warning more than once.
Oh, well... so I use my Macbook that already has Firefox running for some time without any problems whatsoever. Leave it to Webroot. My Macbook froze as I use Firefox so bad, nothing works. Can't even close Firefox even trying to force close it doesn't work. Great! I am waiting for the next surprise. Oh, yeah I also try to use password manager and I get a message that the password I use to log in doesn't exist. Great product. Where do I give it a one star?
icon

Best answer by Ujpesti 5 July 2014, 02:29

Thanks very much for the reply. At this point I decided just to use Google Chrome and not worry about it. I installed Webroot from a disc the salesman gave me and the computer is brand new I just started it up for the first time. Thanks anyway.
View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Ujpesti, welcome to the Webroot Community!
 
I use a PC, with WSA and my main browser is Firefox... I have no issues nor have I heard of any common issues regarding Firefox.
 
Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Please follow the following steps:
 
  • Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
 
If this does not work, you might also try to re-install Firefox.
 
Please let us know if that corrects your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.
 
Once we have Firefox working we can tackle the Password Manager.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I just bought a new PC and the salesman was speaking very highly of Webroot. So, I thought I'd give it a try. Setting up my PC I tried to install the latest Firefox browser that Webroot deleted without any warning more than once.
Oh, well... so I use my Macbook that already has Firefox running for some time without any problems whatsoever. Leave it to Webroot. My Macbook froze as I use Firefox so bad, nothing works. Can't even close Firefox even trying to force close it doesn't work. Great! I am waiting for the next surprise. Oh, yeah I also try to use password manager and I get a message that the password I use to log in doesn't exist. Great product. Where do I give it a one star?
Hello and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums may I ask where you are downloading it from? It should be from here only: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel 😉
Thanks very much for the reply. At this point I decided just to use Google Chrome and not worry about it. I installed Webroot from a disc the salesman gave me and the computer is brand new I just started it up for the first time. Thanks anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks very much for the reply. At this point I decided just to use Google Chrome and not worry about it. I installed Webroot from a disc the salesman gave me and the computer is brand new I just started it up for the first time. Thanks anyway.
We would like to help you as I use Firefox also and on it right now!
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thanks very much for the reply. At this point I decided just to use Google Chrome and not worry about it. I installed Webroot from a disc the salesman gave me and the computer is brand new I just started it up for the first time. Thanks anyway.
Hello Ujpest! Welcome to the WSA Community Forum, we are happy to have to here. :D
 
If you find you need some more help with anything this Forum is full of knowlegable and fun people!
 
So come back and browse and check us out! And have a :Dgreat day!
I do appreciate the offer but I am afraid that something will happen to my computer and am hesitant to try. I mean It happened to both of my computers using Firefox. My PC and my MacBook. My MacBook never froze before.
Thanks Sherry I am actually blown away. I just posted my note being frustrated and already received multiple emails from people trying to help me. You are right, you do have some great people here. Thank you all
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It best to install as David said: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Firefox-freezes/m-p/124600#M7520 and here is the download link for the Mac version: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamac.dmg but if you got a Best Buy Subscription make sure you download from here: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl and we will be here!
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
If you purchased the computer from Best Buy, and Webroot came free with the computer purchse, you probably have the Best Buy Subscription Software version.  You can call them for assistance in resolving the problem as well, even have them remote into the computer to see what is happening.  See this link for more information.
Thank you so much for all the help. I did purchase it from Best Buy and I think I will let them look at it. Thanks again. What I will do is remove Firefox from my PC and MacBook and reinstall using the links you gave me. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you so much for all the help. I did purchase it from Best Buy and I think I will let them look at it. Thanks again. What I will do is remove Firefox from my PC and MacBook and reinstall using the links you gave me. 
Sure thing if your that concerned and they support it as well and yes download firefox from the link I posted and let us know how it goes!
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel
Userlevel 6
Welcome to the community @ ! 
 
If you bought your computer and Webroot from Best Buy, you may also have Geek Squad tech support. Take advantage of it if you do as they can fix it for you. Otherwise, the suggestions and links that David and Daniel gave you should correct the problem.
 
Download Firefox from the link that Daniel provided, then follow David's instruction for Webroot.
Let us know how you make out with it. We are all here to help eachother, so feel free to browse around and ask for help anytime you need it!
I did remove Firefox as well as Webroot from my MacBook and then I restarted and reinstalled Webroot and then Firefox.
It is working right now, but I think I feel more comfortable using Chrome now. On Chrome now the Webroot Password Manager button shows up (not on Firefox) but I can't log in. I get a message that the email or password is incorrect and obviously it isn't because I am logged in right now. It's no big deal I use 1Password which is great and I don't really need a password manager I was just curious to see if it works. So far it hasn't.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
I did remove Firefox as well as Webroot from my MacBook and then I restarted and reinstalled Webroot and then Firefox.
It is working right now, but I think I feel more comfortable using Chrome now. On Chrome now the Webroot Password Manager button shows up (not on Firefox) but I can't log in. I get a message that the email or password is incorrect and obviously it isn't because I am logged in right now. It's no big deal I use 1Password which is great and I don't really need a password manager I was just curious to see if it works. So far it hasn't.
Hi again!
The password manager is not showing on Firefox yet because it was installed after you reinstalled Webroot. There is a fix for that.   http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe
 
Be sure to enable the add on in Firefox.
 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I did remove Firefox as well as Webroot from my MacBook and then I restarted and reinstalled Webroot and then Firefox.
It is working right now, but I think I feel more comfortable using Chrome now. On Chrome now the Webroot Password Manager button shows up (not on Firefox) but I can't log in. I get a message that the email or password is incorrect and obviously it isn't because I am logged in right now. It's no big deal I use 1Password which is great and I don't really need a password manager I was just curious to see if it works. So far it hasn't.
Can you go to Here:  and Here
Check out these pages for information for PW manager on a mac? Let us know how it goes!

Also if you are having problems please get a hold of Best Buy Geek Squad because you will get free Tech support.
 
BestBuy Geek Squad
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@BB97 wrote:
@ wrote:
I did remove Firefox as well as Webroot from my MacBook and then I restarted and reinstalled Webroot and then Firefox.
It is working right now, but I think I feel more comfortable using Chrome now. On Chrome now the Webroot Password Manager button shows up (not on Firefox) but I can't log in. I get a message that the email or password is incorrect and obviously it isn't because I am logged in right now. It's no big deal I use 1Password which is great and I don't really need a password manager I was just curious to see if it works. So far it hasn't.
Hi again!
The password manager is not showing on Firefox yet because it was installed after you reinstalled Webroot. There is a fix for that.   http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe
 
Be sure to enable the add on in Firefox.
 
BB97 that link doesn't work for Mac/Apple PCs...Only works for Windows PC Browsers. Ok? Thanks for the assisstance.;)
Userlevel 7
If the Password Manager is rejecting your login, you might not have things set correctly in the Console.
 
Log into your Console (link below)
Click your email address at the upper right corner
Select Manage Users
Check the permissions listed.  If Passwords is not set to access, click the Edit button.
Click the Access and Permissions tab
Check the Passwords box.
 
While you are here....you migjt want to make sure ALL permissions are set to access.
Userlevel 6
Yep! forgot about him having a Mac. Guess I focused on his mentioning he has a PC as well :8
Thank you for catching that!
@ wrote:
@BB97 wrote:
@ wrote:
I did remove Firefox as well as Webroot from my MacBook and then I restarted and reinstalled Webroot and then Firefox.
It is working right now, but I think I feel more comfortable using Chrome now. On Chrome now the Webroot Password Manager button shows up (not on Firefox) but I can't log in. I get a message that the email or password is incorrect and obviously it isn't because I am logged in right now. It's no big deal I use 1Password which is great and I don't really need a password manager I was just curious to see if it works. So far it hasn't.
Hi again!
The password manager is not showing on Firefox yet because it was installed after you reinstalled Webroot. There is a fix for that.   http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe
 
Be sure to enable the add on in Firefox.
 
BB97 that link doesn't work for Mac/Apple PCs...Only works for Windows PC Browsers. Ok? Thanks for the assisstance.;)
 
Gosh, I got so many emails I almost missed the fireworks.
I thank you all for being so kind, have a happy 4th, whatever is left of it. 🙂

Reply