Badge +54
@ wrote:
I have windows 7

Using Firefox

Today suddenly the icon for password manager has gone AWOL

How do I get it back [?]

Thanks for any help
Hi and welcome to the Webroot Community @

Could please download and run this tool which should fix your issue, if it does not work please post back to let us know and we can offer further assistance.

http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe
Userlevel 2
I'm using Windows 10 and have had the toolbar icon suddenly rendered useless. I tried the toolbar fix program and now I can't even log in when I manage to get the login pop-up via the cursor right-click. I enter my email and password, press enter and it freezes.
Userlevel 1
Thanks

I had already tried the file - but hadn't closed the browser [I thought when it automatically closes it for me] - that the program had run and failed....

This time [after this thread and the soultion above] I closed the browser first - and it worked

Thanks
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I'm using Windows 10 and have had the toolbar icon suddenly rendered useless. I tried the toolbar fix program and now I can't even log in when I manage to get the login pop-up via the cursor right-click. I enter my email and password, press enter and it freezes.
Hello Corkscrew,

Since the Toolbar Fix didn't correct the problem, please try a Clean Uninstall / Reinstall of WSA:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then Please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort your issue!

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 2
WARNING! DUMB NEWBIE QUESTION COMING...
I bought a hard copy of the program when I upgraded. Can I use that instead of downloading a copy?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Corkscrew.

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Have you uninstalled Webroot as adviced by @? It would be easier to use the instructions provided to uninstall/reinstall Webroot. You don't need the disk. This download above is going to be the latest/easiest way to install your Webroot Anti Virus. Uninstalling/reinstalling Webroot should fix your password issues.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi again Corkscrew,

When did you renew/upgrade Webroot may I ask? Because you would need to Submit a Support Ticket to have them transfer your passowrds from your old keycode to your new keycode.
Userlevel 2
Yes, Sherry, I did. Thank you. I'm still fiddling with it; now I can't even get a Webroot icon back into the toolbar. I've just filled in the notification, but the password manager page had already come up when I tried to link to it.
I've forgotten when I upgraded; and it's getting late in the evening for me to be continuing with this...I'm messing up.
I'll be fiddling with this again in the A.M.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @

I am so sorry you are having this issue. Please Contact Webroot Support and they will help you free of charge with a Webroot subscription. They will get to the bottom of this issue pretty quickly...so don't stress ok? One more question..are you using Chrome for your browser? If you are please go here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Userlevel 2
Firrefox, running in Windows 10. I first noticed the trouble using a private window.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Corkscrew,

I am not having that issue in Firefox myself or have heard of this issue for quite awhile.. You did say you tried the Toolbar Fix for Password Manager?
 EDITED: Please check FireFox and see if the Paassword toolbar extension is enabled in FF settings.

@@Do you have the workaround for PWM in Firefox or do you have any other ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Nothing to add except to Submit a Support Ticket and ask support for help! Webroot Customer Service
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Nothing to add except to Submit a Support Ticket and ask support for help! Webroot Customer Service
Thank you Daniel for your assistance. Much appreciated!;)
Userlevel 2
Thank you all for your time and help. A short time ago I tried the toolbar fix program; it brought back the webroot toolbar. But the icon still just delivers a blank space while I'm running firefox's private page.
I'll hit the customer service option later today.
Thank you all, again for all your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome Corkscrew!

Please let us know how things turn out. 🙂