What do we need to do to get password manager signed and approved by Firefox
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 11 September 2018, 02:53

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi brithael49

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There is nothing that we Community members/users can do. I believe that this is a 'Work in Progress' item with the Support Team. We just need to be patient.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Affecting me today after upgrading to Firefox 43.0.1

Why does this continue to happen?  It's very annoying.  Can you work with Firefox to keep your signatures valid?

James
Userlevel 7
Hi extremist

Appreciate your frustration...many share it but often it is not just one sided but rather requires all parties involved to co-operate...what we do not know is the current position and where the potential 'block' is.

I am wondering if our most revered Community Manager ? might be able to update us on the Webroot view of the situation?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As far as I know they should be signed - if you're still having problems with it please contact support so they can investigate and get the situation escalated if need be.
Userlevel 7
As ever, Nic, your update is much appreciated.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
They are fine here with a clean reinstall of WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Wow that's a pain in the rear, but I suppose if that's the only way, I'll try it.

James
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Wow that's a pain in the rear, but I suppose if that's the only way, I'll try it.

James
It's simple with WSA as it only takes a few minutes as it's very small! 800kb

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Uninstalled.
Rebooted.
Installed - Got an error during install (Windows 10 said Webroot stopped working - looking for a solution).

Tried installing again and it brought up the Webroot interface ?

Told it to scan my system and it appears to be working.

Password manager plug-in worked in Firefox and IE.

Then I saw that there was a new toolbar fix in this post:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-43-64-bit-and-WPM/m-p/232674

I guess I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall?

Oh well, it's working now.

Thanks.
James
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Uninstalled.
Rebooted.
Installed - Got an error during install (Windows 10 said Webroot stopped working - looking for a solution).

Tried installing again and it brought up the Webroot interface ?

Told it to scan my system and it appears to be working.

Password manager plug-in worked in Firefox and IE.

Then I saw that there was a new toolbar fix in this post:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-43-64-bit-and-WPM/m-p/232674

I guess I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall?

Oh well, it's working now.

Thanks.
James
Great you got it working and there are many ways to try to fix it. In this case you didn't say you didn't have the Password Mamager but it was being blocked by Firefox 43 so the reason for my suggestion to reinstall WSA.

Daniel
I see that your post is dated 2015 but I have just this week had this problem - Firefox has blocked password manager I have updated both programmes but without luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
I see that your post is dated 2015 but I have just this week had this problem - Firefox has blocked password manager I have updated both programmes but without luck.
It started again with the latest Firefox 62 update and Webroot is working on a fix once again: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no-longer-works/m-p/328189#M12564