Solved

folders regenerate after deletion

• 5 March 2013
  • 3 replies

I keep certain files that are synced in folders by month:  201101, 201102, ... 201211, 201212, 201301, 201302, etc.  When I reorganized (moved)  these folders under year folders 2011, 2012, 2013 ... I was pleased to see the WebRoot sync didn't need to do a complete delete and re-upload cycle ... and the reorganiztion went smoothly. 
However, the old monthly folders - empty - regenerated in their previous location.  I tried deleting and ten seconds later they reappear.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple .. but I'd sure appreciate some help.
icon

Best answer by JimM 5 March 2013, 19:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
You probably need to detach the folder from synchronization.

Once you've done that, you'll need to delete the folders once more, and they should remain gone.

To remove a folder from synchronization:
  1. Open SecureAnywhere  
  2. Click the Backup & Sync tab, and make sure Backup & Sync is selected at the left.  
  3. Under Synchronization, click the Change Settings link. [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/webroot-en/attachment/2230iBED1E1C84EFD9494.png[/img] The folder will no longer appear in the panel and will no longer synchronize to your SecureAnywhere account.  
  4. Click Close when you're done.

If that helps, please let us know.  🙂
Thanks Jim ... that makes sense. 

Before I proceed ... the folders I am attempting to delete are all sub-folders of a synchronized folder.  Do I just detach, delete and relink ? ... or is there an additional step?  Seems like I should delete the cloud folders before re-linking.
Userlevel 7
You've got the right idea. Detach. Delete the subfolders you're looking to remove. Check the online console, and if you need to remove them there, go ahead. Relink. That should work. If you run into hiccups, please let us know.