In preparation for the new pc, I have downloaded the webroot installer from JP's signature.
When the new pc comes, should I uninstall McAfee first and then install Webroot? Or should I do the reverse. Or does McAfee need to be uninstalled, if I don't activate it. I guess there's a 30 day free trial. I'm so excited.
Also the pc will have a 500GB ss drive and a 2 TB drive. Should webroot go on the SS or the regular drive? Or maybe it doesn't matter. Never had a SS drive before.
Best answer by BurnDaddy
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community.
Personally, I would uninstall McAfee. But that just me. While Webroot is designed to work with other AV software I don't think its worth the additional drag on resources to do so. You will be protected just fine with Webroot, imho. ;)
I would uninstall McAfee first. I would also use their MCPR software removal tool available HERE (see step 2), as McAfee can be difficult to remove sometimes. Then reboot and install Webroot.
Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
- Let it finish it's install scan
Hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. :)