Solved

Going from trial to full version

• 27 August 2012
  • 7 replies

I have a 3PC 3 year licence for WR Security essentials due to expire in 40 days. I have let two of those PCs update to security anywhwere essentials, but I have not registered an online webroot account for them.

I have a 4th PC so yesterday downloaded the trial version for Anywhere complete. I'm pretty sure I will end up buying a 5 user 2 year licence of the complete version to cover all my PCs.

I want to try the password protection on the trial version of complete so need to register. Should I register the trial code number for Anywhere complete and will it be easy  to convert that to the full 5 user 2 year licence. Will it be a problem if I also register the current keycode that I have for the Essential 3 pc 3 year liscence that I currently have?

Also, as currently the offer for a 1 year licence gives an extra 3 months, will I get the extra 3 months if I buy a 2 year licence?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by JimM 27 August 2012, 21:14

View original

7 replies

Just to let you know that everything is sorted. I got a great deal on the 5 user 3 year (plus 3 months) licence.

In the end, I just entered the new licence key into the trial version of Complete running on my new PC. My other 3 PCs, running Essentials, automatically updated to Complete with the new keycode and added the 3 years 3 months on to the remaining 40 days left on my original licence.

Thanks again to JimM and Wes B for your help.
@ wrote:
I think you would want to specify to the sales department that you are already using a trial, and you'd like that trial upgraded to avoid any potential account issues.  Otherwise, your account would need to be moved from the trial keycode to the new keycode by support.  That's quick and easy, but again, it's even easier if you don't have to deal with it at all.

The answer to your other question is yes.  A deep scan is very quick because it's only scanning things that are running or have some reasonable chance of running in the future.  A full scan scans every last file on the hard drive with no regard to whether or not such files are likely to be threats or not and thus necessarily takes longer.

Regarding your question to Wes, the answer there is yes as well.  The UK office should have no trouble facilitating the deal Wes suggested.
Thanks Very much JimM.

That answers all my queries perfectly. I've used webroot products for a lot of years now and have always been happy with them. So I'll trial Complete's password protection and then contact the UK office re the 3 year deal. They've always been very helpful when i've contacted them in the past, so I'm sure they will be again.
Userlevel 7
I think you would want to specify to the sales department that you are already using a trial, and you'd like that trial upgraded to avoid any potential account issues.  Otherwise, your account would need to be moved from the trial keycode to the new keycode by support.  That's quick and easy, but again, it's even easier if you don't have to deal with it at all.

The answer to your other question is yes.  A deep scan is very quick because it's only scanning things that are running or have some reasonable chance of running in the future.  A full scan scans every last file on the hard drive with no regard to whether or not such files are likely to be threats or not and thus necessarily takes longer.

Regarding your question to Wes, the answer there is yes as well.  The UK office should have no trouble facilitating the deal Wes suggested.
@ wrote:
Hi passingbat!

We can certainly add-on the additional 3 months with a 2 or 3 year purchase.  We could also get you a slightly better deal.  3 years of SecureAnywhere Complete for 5 PCs is typically $269.95, but we can actually mark that down to $219.95.  That way it breaks down to just about $73 per year.  If you're interested in obtaining that discounted rate, please call our sales team at 1-866-612-4268, and an agent can do that for you.  Just tell them that I offered you that discount in the community 😉.

Regards,

Wes B.
online chat
Thanks very much Wes.

I'm in the UK so have to call the UK office. Would they be able to do the  same  additional 3 months plus  a discounted deal for a 3 year 5 user licence?
@ wrote:
I can answer the technical part of your question, and I'll find a sales person to answer the sales part in a moment.

Since you said you don't have an online account with the Essentials subscription, I'll assume you are not utilizing the backup service.

If you want to try out the password functionality in Complete, you'll need to create the online account for it. You can then add the Essentials keycode to that account after the fact. I would be sure to do it in that order though. If you were to create the online account with the soon-to-expire Essentials keycode first, you would likely encounter some confusion when subsequently trying to set up the passwords feature in Complete at a later time, because that email address would already be tied to the Essentials keycode. It's nothing we couldn't sort out for you anyway, but it's best to just avoid needing to do it at all.

I'll find a sales person for you shortly regarding the other question.
Thank you for the speedy reply.

I haven't used the online backup as I back up files locally, but may take advantage of it in the future.

If I register with the Complete trial code, what will happen if I purchase a 5 user 2 year subscription to Complete, as presumably the trial Complete code is for a single user licence? Does the trial licence code converted to a full licence, or do I get a new licence code that I add to the account?

On a different topic, I've only just updated my WR Security Essentials to Secure Anywhere and have started using the Complete trial, so new to Secure Anywhere methods. I've done a Deep scan of two of my win 7 computers and it  finishes in less than 2 minutes. Again, on both, I've told it to scan the C drive, which just holds Windows and programmes (Data is on D drive partitions) and it takes around 30 minutes to scan the C drive. Is this because it is using different scanning methods?

Thanks
Userlevel 3
Hi passingbat!

We can certainly add-on the additional 3 months with a 2 or 3 year purchase.  We could also get you a slightly better deal.  3 years of SecureAnywhere Complete for 5 PCs is typically $269.95, but we can actually mark that down to $219.95.  That way it breaks down to just about $73 per year.  If you're interested in obtaining that discounted rate, please call our sales team at 1-866-612-4268, and an agent can do that for you.  Just tell them that I offered you that discount in the community 😉.

Regards,

Wes B.
online chat
Userlevel 7
I can answer the technical part of your question, and I'll find a sales person to answer the sales part in a moment.

Since you said you don't have an online account with the Essentials subscription, I'll assume you are not utilizing the backup service.

If you want to try out the password functionality in Complete, you'll need to create the online account for it. You can then add the Essentials keycode to that account after the fact. I would be sure to do it in that order though. If you were to create the online account with the soon-to-expire Essentials keycode first, you would likely encounter some confusion when subsequently trying to set up the passwords feature in Complete at a later time, because that email address would already be tied to the Essentials keycode. It's nothing we couldn't sort out for you anyway, but it's best to just avoid needing to do it at all.

I'll find a sales person for you shortly regarding the other question.