Goodbye Webroot

I like Webroot and like how it works and safe it is but one thing about Webroot is why I am never going to buy/use again. That is the Password Manager it is a pain in the *ss to setup and use I spent days just trying to set it up still not able to.. I get errors and everything and the website just not finding my passwords. This should not be that hard to setup and do like other program's you should just be able to install and spend a few setting everything up and thats it. Webroot has made things way to hard about who can login to the website and who cant and this password thing should not be this hard. With them not having 24/7 help to help you with issues is why I am done with Wedroot.  

12 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I like Webroot and like how it works and safe it is but one thing about Webroot is why I am never going to buy/use again. That is the Password Manager it is a pain in the *ss to setup and use I spent days just trying to set it up still not able to.. I get errors and everything and the website just not finding my passwords. This should not be that hard to setup and do like other program's you should just be able to install and spend a few setting everything up and thats it. Webroot has made things way to hard about who can login to the website and who cant and this password thing should not be this hard. With them not having 24/7 help to help you with issues is why I am done with Wedroot.  
I'm sorry to hear that cuse165

Would you like some assistance with Password Manager?

What system do you have, PC, MAC?

Beth
Userlevel 6
Hi @!

I'm sorry that you're having problems with the Password Manager, but I'm sure that the community here can solve them; just give them a chance :)

Besides that I wouldn't give up the security which WSA offers to you just because one single feature. If you like WSA and you really can't work with the integrated Password Manager then I would rather use one of the plenty standalone password managers. 

I don't agree with the last part of your statement I bought it and it should work and no need to use a 3erd party app for passwords but I do understand what you are saying. If someone can help me that would be great. Three days ago a friend of mine gave me a license to Webroot I have access to everything backups,passwords etc. Today it still says my password account has not been setup/available right now try again later. It's been three days so I would think it would be setup.

The password bar in a Web browser seems to be a code of Lastpass with safe site.
I am using a computer Windows 8 Webroot Complete. .
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am using a computer Windows 8 Webroot Complete. .
There is a video that may help you Password Manager Video

Please have a look at the video 

Beth
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I don't agree with the last part of your statement I bought it and it should work and no need to use a 3erd party app for passwords but I do understand what you are saying. If someone can help me that would be great. Three days ago a friend of mine gave me a license to Webroot I have access to everything backups,passwords etc. Today it still says my password account has not been setup/available right now try again later. It's been three days so I would think it would be setup.

The password bar in a Web browser seems to be a code of Lastpass with safe site.
The Password Manager is a Webroot branded version of LastPass. If you are using LastPass you can import your password from there.

Please take a look at this thread transferring LastPass passwords to Webroot Password Manager

Beth
I know it's not a standard thing to do. Is there anyway at all I can get the users that no more use Webroot deleted and removed from my account? I have 5 users including me no one but me use Webroot anymore so can I please have them deleted?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi cuse165, if you contact support with the details they will be able to do this fairly easily for you.
Okay I tried I really did try and gave them a second chance but now I am done. I contacted support to ask to remove users and keys as stated above. I was contacted back from support but the answers they gave me had NOTHING to do with what I asked and when I say NOTHING I MEAN NOTHING. The support Webroot has sucks when you buy another security software free live helpful support comes with it. Webroot support is the worst support I ever came across or any support. You people on the community are doing the support teams jobs. I am not talking to a real person when I contact Webroot I am talking to someone one who is just reading the FAQS from a book do they care about my issue no they don't even give a tech support persons name. I am done should not be this hard you get what you pay for. I got Webroot for 5 bucks on Newegg.com should of know it sucked when Norton Mcafee AVG was above 20 bucks and 2015 Versions. Webroot can't even get this version right finding files that are not really dangerous. Goodbye you will never see me again.
I can't even get my computer added to the website. Should of known to anyone partnership with Bestbuy. Is a ripoff
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Okay I tried I really did try and gave them a second chance but now I am done. I contacted support to ask to remove users and keys as stated above. I was contacted back from support but the answers they gave me had NOTHING to do with what I asked and when I say NOTHING I MEAN NOTHING. The support Webroot has sucks when you buy another security software free live helpful support comes with it. Webroot support is the worst support I ever came across or any support. You people on the community are doing the support teams jobs. I am not talking to a real person when I contact Webroot I am talking to someone one who is just reading the FAQS from a book do they care about my issue no they don't even give a tech support persons name. I am done should not be this hard you get what you pay for. I got Webroot for 5 bucks on Newegg.com should of know it sucked when Norton Mcafee AVG was above 20 bucks and 2015 Versions. Webroot can't even get this version right finding files that are not really dangerous. Goodbye you will never see me again.
Let me please ping a Webroot Staff member that can help you! @ and or @  Just give them time to sort eveything for you.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi cuse165,
First off, I'd like to apologize for the frustrating experience that you have had with the Password Manager and our support system.

Although we have the highest rated efficacy and support score in the industry, sometimes there are cases where the support technician may have responded with a standard answer and may not have understood the question fully, for that, we apologize. 

I understand that you paid for a suite that included Password Manager and it should be a functional component of what you paid for. We will be able to resolve the issue, but it sounds like you have already moved on.

Thank you so much for testing us out and we appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve on the customer experience and quality of our technology. Let us know if you'd like to figure this out and we can re-open your ticket and get to the bottom of it.

Take care and best of luck to you. :D