Hacker Problem

Userlevel 3
I've posted concerning problems I've had with hacking in the past and although the situation has gotten better, I still have lag times as if someone is using my processor. I've removed all the games that were pre-installed in an attempt help with the speed. It's a satelitte laptop and although I'm far from being a "computer geek/god", even I know when I'm not scrolling, but the screen absolutely is scrolling.
I'm pretty much beyond annoyed with these people at this point and would greatly appreciate suggestions from my software community.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi TheKitty

I am taking it that you have run a manual scan with WSA, but if not then please do so ASAP and post back with the results.

If that finds nothing or you have already done such a scan witht he same results then I would recommend professional help and that therefore you should Open a Support Ticket without delay so that the Support Team can investigate this for you.

As and when you do please let us know what the say/recommend to resolve the issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Baldrick,
Would you suggest opening a new ticket or resuming a previous contact with the password Webroot Support provided previously?

Userlevel 3
Sent Customer Support a Ticket with previous communications. We shall see. I'll keep the community updated concerning any progress I have with a solution.
Userlevel 7
Hi TheKitty

Apologies for not responding sooner...was at work.

Yes, what you have done is what I would have recommended...so well done.

Please keep us posted on developments & responses.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Absolutely I will, Baldrick. I haven't received any communications from Webroot Customer Service as of yet.
Userlevel 7
OK, keep us posted re. the response as we may be able to do some thing should you fail to hear from them soon...although they are usually very responsive.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Hello ?,

One of our agents has replied to your ticket earlier this morning requesting logs.

We advise taking a look at that and following the instructions provided.

On a side note, hackers rarely, if ever, target individuals unless they are famous or incredibly wealthy. Because hacking is a crime that is punishable by jail time, most only aim for incredibly lucrative opportunities. Mainly this means that large businesses, hospitals, etc are targeted.

Hope this helps and let us know what support says once they have those logs.

Regards,
Userlevel 3
Good Morning Guys,
? I downloaded the log gathering file this morning and notified Support that they were ready. For some reason, my email did not synch until I rebooted at the end of the day yesterday. I did so after reading your reply.

At one point during this situation, whenever I was about to log in, front slashes filled the log in box. I've never been rich nor famous, but I have been targeted.

Thanks for your input. Hopefully the logs will tell the story.
Userlevel 7
Hello ?,

Are you using a wireless keyboard by chance?
Userlevel 3
Hello ?
No. I use a wireless mouse, but that's all. I'm posting the results of the log review, as well as, another.jpg of my processes running from the Task Manager. If you will note the repetitive verbage from the customer support reply which has been another patterned problem. Apparently the problem doesn't show up in the logs.

Userlevel 3
Oops, guess I wasn't suppose to post of.jpg a the reply I received.
Userlevel 7
Hello ?,

The ticket you received is internal only, and as such, I rejected it, I did allow the task manager image. It is important to note that the task manager image is not associated with WSAlogs. You should not post the results of WSALogs either as that can display sensitive information such as your keycode.

I have reviewed your ticket and our agent has reviewed the logs and there is not an infection or a hacker accessing your machine.

It is advisable at this point to reach out to a local technician as this could be hardware related.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions. 
I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Userlevel 3
?
Thanks for the suggestion. It's pretty much what I expected. Have a good day.

Regards,
Me
Userlevel 7
No problem!

I hope you have a great day as well! :D
Userlevel 3
I just thought I'd touch base with the latest situation I've encountered. It involves the ability to interfere with WiFi Access. I've already sent logs with associated files to Webroot Support. I look forward to their findings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't think it's a Webroot issue but a Microsoft one so maybe post over there: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Might as well while I'm waiting for H*ll to freeze over. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hello @,

One of our support technicians has replied to your support ticket requesting times to reach out to you via telephone. Please navigate to your ticket and reply with good times to reach you there.

Please let us know what they find.

Regards,