Happiness - is a 2 year subscription

• 19 October 2014
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 1
A 2 year subscription is the same overall total price for both new and existing customers  :)

.....just renewed so covered for another 2 years :)

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks for support my point, David...what you say perfectly ilustrates the 'non ripp off' approach of Webroot when compared to others.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick,

Not what I'm saying at all.  I agree that it's very much "standard fayre" that companies do have the marketing strategy you mention - agree 100%.  That's not what I'm pointing out.  What I'm actually saying is that - neverthess - there is a current trend by certain companies (they aren' t small) that are recognising the disdain held by a signifcant proportion of the polpulation and that;s why some are currently spending millions of pounds on high profile tv advertsing campaigns e.g. one with a cartoon depicted restaurant scenario and a customer having special offers put on a plate - only to be immediately taken away by the waiter as being 'for new customers only'..... then the advertiser concerned stating that they are different and that they offer the same special offers to existing customers.  There is another one, just recent, whereby RBS have jumped onto this bandwagon with a broadly similar promise of offering the same deals to new customers as new ones.  I'm not saying there aren;t still those that use the marketing strategy you mention, I'm merely pointing out that - nevertheless - there is a current trend by some companies whom have clearly recognised the disdain which a signifcant proportion of the population recognise, that was all.  It seems that you're taking something quite innocent as being something a million times more than what I was really meaning.

I'm a bit puzzled by the apparent partisan aspect and thanking others for support - good to see mates support each other - but really there is no argument, none at all mate.  As far as I'm concerned we're all on the same side. :)

At the end of the day I'm an everyday bloke that simply wanted to renew a subscription, that were all.

All the best.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just to let you know, we have received this same feedback from several users.  I've passed it along to the folks who set the pricing, and they are looking into whether this needs to be changed.  Personally I'm with you - I'd rather buy a new keycode at a discount than renew at full price.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Just to let you know, we have received this same feedback from several users.  I've passed it along to the folks who set the pricing, and they are looking into whether this needs to be changed.  Personally I'm with you - I'd rather buy a new keycode at a discount than renew at full price.
Me too 🙂  I know alot of users who prefer to renew regardless of price just to keep it easier too though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello Webrooters,

I personally would go for the less expensive or discounted version for sure!! Money is tight these days!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It goes without saying really if we see an identical product cheaper somewhere we will get it because none of us likes the feeling of being ripped off with anything.
Userlevel 7
Personally I do not like associating the word 'ripped off' with Webroot's pricing because they in all honesty offer a price, it is take it or leave it.  And if one leaves it , gets a new keycode cheaper elsewhere then Webroot, unlike some others I will not name do allow/assist the user in using the cheaper keycode, i.e., adding the time to existing licenses, moving data between keycodes where applicable...if requested...and that is honest.  If they did not allow this then I would be the first to shout 'rip off'.

Just my twopennies worth...for what it is worth.

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hi Ssherjj
Hi Jasper

Thanks for your empathy, much appreciated.

However, I was looking for a practical way to keep with Webroot and I think I've solved the conundrum.....    a 2 year subscription, the first and second year is a bit different but the overal total for the 2 years is the same for both new and existing customers.  So that's super.

Only one thing - if I may ask a small technical query - if its fairly likely that at least one of the machines covered is replaced within the 2 year period, I assume its possible to change over each affected machine without incurring exceeding the machines limit, and if so how is this done, how easy and practical is this.

As an aside......     and a bit of light entertainment (not sure if this is allowed here exactly i.e. should it be on another part of the forum).......     I can heartily recommend the tv series "Would I Lie To You" (WILTY) and there are many YouTube clips and parts of episodes.......    Here's one being WILTY Series 4 Episode 3, and about 7 mins 30 seconds in the one where Kevin Bridges read out a card proclaiming....   "I once accidentally bought a horse"  - its hilarious - but is it truth or lie?  :)
Hope this doesn't contravene something - if so please delete, thanks - anyway here's the Weblink:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkCdzNDP8CY

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Only one thing - if I may ask a small technical query - if its fairly likely that at least one of the machines covered is replaced within the 2 year period, I assume its possible to change over each affected machine without incurring exceeding the machines limit, and if so how is this done, how easy and practical is this.

Hello there :)

First of all:

Yes, it is possible to change over a license seat from one machine to another.  It is usually very easy...  Just uninstall WSA from the old machine WHILE connected to the internet.  This will release the seat for use.

In the event for any reason that either the license seat does not 'unseat' or you cannot uninstall while connected to the internet, you can also manually 'unseat' a device from within the Online Console.  Simply click on PC Security, click on the undesired machine, and then Commands.  You can use the Deactivate command to unseat the license by force.  Note that this will also send a signal to the undesired machine in the event it does get connected to the internet.  The moment it connects, POOF, WSA just plain dissapears.  Instand uninstall.  Kind of cool really LOL.  I do suggest you do not use the Deactivate command for a device that you may want to re-activate onto the license... it can be done but can be a bit more stubborn.

Secondly:

I know yesterday we got off onto a bad foot...   I am not going to lay blame, it could very well have been that I was a bit hasty or heavy handed.  You and I have exchanged PM's regarding this, but I wanted to put forth a public apology for the situation.  I am glad you are still with us, and that we can continue on with a better footing.  For that, I thank you.

Userlevel 1
HI David,

Firstly, many thanks for the technical advice re how to 'unseat' a device and change to a new replacement one.  I will do just that.  :)

Secondly....   very gracious of you to say but good heavens no, I feel that I didn't explain myself very well, so really my fault for which I can only apologise.  If there's one thing I can beat anybody at it's that I will always have more faults than whoever I'm dealing with - that's a competition I can win  :)     Very good of you to say but in faults I had about 90% to your 10%.   Anyway, no worries mate.  (....where's a 'thumbsup' smiley when you want one)

Thirdly......   not sure if you're familiar with the UK tv programme "Would I Lie To You" and if you tried the YouTube weblink.  Its possibly my favourite tv programme - always lighthearted and and often a right good laugh, 30 mins of don't care about anything else tv.  I tend to switch off soon as politics or soaps come on but love wildlife/nature programmes and lighthearted commedy like WILTY  :)

PS: always did want to be santa
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
HI David,

Firstly, many thanks for the technical advice re how to 'unseat' a device and change to a new replacement one.  I will do just that.  :)

Secondly....   very gracious of you to say but good heavens no, I feel that I didn't explain myself very well, so really my fault for which I can only apologise.  If there's one thing I can beat anybody at it's that I will always have more faults than whoever I'm dealing with - that's a competition I can win  :)     Very good of you to say but in faults I had about 90% to your 10%.

Thirdly......   not sure if you're familiar with the UK tv programme "Would I Lie To You" and if you tried the YouTube weblink.  Its possibly my favourite tv programme - always lighthearted and and often a right good laugh, 30 mins of don't care about anything else tv.  I tend to switch off soon as politics or soaps come on but love wildlife/nature programmes and lighthearted commedy like WILTY  :)

PS: always did want to be santa
Dear Santa, 

(Wow..I never thought I would start a note with that again at the age of 40+ ROFL!!!)

I have not seen that program, but I think I should look it up.  I am a fan of many UK/BBC programs actually...  Thanks!  I think I can probably use "30 mins of don't care about anything else tv."

Fault isn't to be discussed... all that matters is we have resolved things, and I am quite happy at that.

I hope to see you around on here... and might I bring your attention to some of the lighter fare of the Community on the Non-Techie board, such as THIS for example... The longest running thread here with the most replies.  
Userlevel 1
That's me covered for another 2 years.  :)

Thanks to eveybody - and I do mean everybody - that's replied on this thread for taking the time and for your help.  :)

I hope to see you around here from time to time.

Best Regards

Alan
Userlevel 7
I hope we do see you around...  If you have any questions, problems, or just want to chit chat about non Webroot techie stuff, whatever.  We like to have a bit of fun on non WSA related stuff too.

Cheers :)

David
Userlevel 7
Hi Alan

Just to support what David said in his last post...there is much fun to be had, much knowledge to be exchanged and picked up, etc., in this Community and hopefully you will find some time to partake in some measure.

Regards, Baldrick