Solved

having a issue sometimes with complete

• 5 December 2012
  • 5 replies

nothing super serious but a few times after a reboot i have my desktop icon missing and all settings reset back to default, like i have the splash screen turned off and that will be re-checked along with any other settings i have changed. not super annoying but can be a pain. it has happened maybe 3 or 4 times now.

any thoughts??
icon

Best answer by JimM 7 December 2012, 00:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can we get some more info as to the OS and if it's 32bit or 64bit and do you have any other security software running in realtime with WSA? Did you try a clean reinstall by uninstalling then reboot and install and reboot again then set up your settings? I know when I do a clean reinstall on my Win 7 x64 and do my settings and reboot I have to set my settings again and it sticks the second time.

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I know when I do a clean reinstall on my Win 7 x64 and do my settings and reboot I have to set my settings again and it sticks the second time.

TH
I have the same experience on Vista Business x32. Upon the first reboot after installation all settings are reverted to defaults and I have to set them again. Upon the second restart they are kept.

Can somebody from Webroot take a closer look what's going on? It seems this issue goes across Microsoft OSs.

Thanks & regards,
pegas
Userlevel 7
It would be helpful to do a remote session for this kind of issue since we'll want to verify a reproduction of the issue and collect logs in the before and after states for analysis. Could either of you please open a support case?
yeah thats whats happening to me now that i tested it. same as described above. sorry for the delayed post ive been SWAMPED this week.
Userlevel 7
zfactor,

I was looking at this issue in TripleHelix's logs, but there are some unique things about his setup that could explain what's going on there. If the issue persists on your computer, it would help to have another case to look at if you have time to put in that support ticket to see if there is any related factor or to further troubleshoot.