Solved

HELP!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi there peeps!

Could anyone out there tell me how I can find out just how much time I've actually got left till my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete package runs out?  It's been showing that I've got 20 days left since Christmas but I've been using every day, all day and it hasn't come down!  I've a feeling that I'm very close but don't know when I should install another Antivirus...  Help!!,
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 27 May 2013, 03:31

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Linda and welcome to the Webroot Community!

There are a couple of places you can look.  The first you have probably already seen, but it if you open the main program click My Account at the top right tab.  It will show you in there.

The second place is to log into your Account Console.  Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and select Manage Key Codes from the drop down.  This will show all key codes associated with your account and what the expiration date it, or if it is already expired.

I hope this helps!  If the main program is refusing to update how many days left, there might be a problem that can be fixed by re-installing the software.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Ohhhh!  Thanks a bundle DavidP darlin', you're a life saver!! :D  And yeah, as I was afraid, it's expired!!!!!  Now what do I do for the best??!!!

The renewal price is £49.99, of which I don't have, can you reccommend anything as good but a bit more easy on the pocket?

Linda, (a bit exposed)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Ohhhh!  Thanks a bundle DavidP darlin', you're a life saver!! :D  And yeah, as I was afraid, it's expired!!!!!  Now what do I do for the best??!!!

The renewal price is £49.99, of which I don't have, can you reccommend anything as good but a bit more easy on the pocket?

Linda, (a bit exposed)
Well, there are a number of free solutions available, but I really do not reccomend them: they simply do not provide as good malware protection as Webroot.  If you only need 1 or 3 devices protected, you might take a look at Other Webroot solutions.  There are versions that have all the malware protection, but without 5 device licenses, and without some of the other options.  Maybe one of them will suit you?
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda, the time limited offer David has posted (credits goes also to @ ) is of 29,99 USD (cca 20 GBP) for the Complete version what is really an exciting price. However if it is still past your options you can grab Webroot's free 6-month full product of WSA AV 2013 through Facebook's AV Marketplace. Yes it is not the Complete, just the AV version but still better than nothing or other solutions. Hopefully your situation will improve over next 6 months when the AV version will be fully working.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Pegas, I forgot about the Facebook option!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Linda, the time limited offer David has posted (credits goes also to @ ) is of 29,99 USD (cca 20 GBP) for the Complete version what is really an exciting price. However if it is still past your options you can grab Webroot's free 6-month full product of WSA AV 2013 through Facebook's AV Marketplace. Yes it is not the Complete, just the AV version but still better than nothing or other solutions. Hopefully your situation will improve over next 6 months when the AV version will be fully working.

Excellent advice!

Linda - Using the Facebook trial as pegas suggested is a great choice. Alternatively, you can Send me a Private Message and I may be able to help you out a bit more. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Linda and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi Daniel, thanks for the welcome.
Please feel free to give me some advice, my laptop has been doing some strange things in the last hour, I need a good AV and quick! There's so many to choose from I'm goin' round in circles!!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel, thanks for the welcome.
Please feel free to give me some advice, my laptop has been doing some strange things in the last hour, I need a good AV and quick! There's so many to choose from I'm goin' round in circles!!
Well, we are all here as we think Webroot is the solution that meets our own needs the best.  Unfortunately, this being the Webroot Community, there can not be any reccomendation other than one of the various Webroot choices.  (It is a bit of a coniflict of interest to make other suggestions here)  If your computer is having issues, I DO strongly reccomend that you contact a local computer repair / tech support service for assistance.
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
OH! No no no no, that's what I meant!! There's Webroot Antivirus, AntiSpyware, Antimalware, SecureAnywhere Complete, etc., etc., I know from experience that Webroot is a great product but - which one do I choose?!! Sorry, if I hadn't made that clear.
Userlevel 7
Sorry for the delay in answering... My kids wanted me to make fruit slushes :)

How many devices do you need protected?  If it is just the one computer, you would be fine with the Antivirus.  It does not have support for mobile devices, and it does not have the Password Manager, but it DOES have full antimalware protection.

I think I put out a bad link before, but Here are Discounted prices for Community Members.  (Click the picture in the post)  The computer AV version is a great deal at $19.99!
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Thanks DavidP, I've just bought the Antivirus - I'm only needing it for 1 laptop, but now wonder if I can put this new keycode into the old SecureAnywhere Complete package where it asks for the code or do I have to uninstall and start afresh?
Userlevel 7
Good choice!

No need to re-install.  Simply open the software, and at the top click the My Account tab.  

Click on the link "Activate a New Key Code".  This will open a pop up in which you can enter your new key code.  That's it 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks DavidP, I've just bought the Antivirus - I'm only needing it for 1 laptop, but now wonder if I can put this new keycode into the old SecureAnywhere Complete package where it asks for the code or do I have to uninstall and start afresh?
Did adding the new Key Code get you up and going?  If not, and for some reason you do have to reinstall, simply uninstall the program (Start, All Programs, Webroot, Tools, Uninstall) and then use the download link below for PC's to reinstall it.  :)

Let us know if you have any problems!
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Yeyyyyyyy! Success!
It took 2 goes cos first scan stuck at 69% and didn't install but 2nd go did. Although for some reason it shows that I've been protected for 3 months!? Never mind, as long as it's running!
Thanks peeps for all your help, you've been fantastic. Talk again soon! Linda
Userlevel 7
Glad to hear it is up and going!  If you have any problems, let us know  :)