Heuristics "Warn when any new program... not whitelisted" broken

• 20 September 2016
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 4
 Hi!

The heuristic option "Warn when any new program executes that is not specifically whitelisted" is not working on my end. I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Redstone x64. Programs that aren't whitelisted are allowed to execute without any warning.

Here's a video showing the issue: 

https://vimeo.com/183446232

Glad for any help or feedback I can get.

25 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello.

i confirm the problem too. it happens for me too.
Userlevel 7
Hi shadek

If yo believe that you have an issue then the most approrpiate course of action would be to Open a Support Ticket (I am sure that you know the link by now) to let the Support Team know so that they can investigate/advise on the subject.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Did you try a reboot after changing the setting to see if that helps?
Userlevel 5
Hi.

Thank You and Baldrick.

a restart solve my problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi.

Thank You and Baldrick.

Really it was just a thought?
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi.

Thank You and Baldrick.

Really it was just a thought?
Sorry a reinstall solved my problem :D:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You really got me confused now?
Userlevel 5
hmm it's simple

when i set that on Warn me if any... it doesn't work, but after a fresh reinstall, it's working very well ! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
hmm it's simple

when i set that on Warn me if any... it doesn't work, but after a fresh reinstall, it's working very well ! ;)
Your using the Beta and I assume @ is using the release version? MAYBE it's broken in the release version?
Userlevel 5
hmm i am being confuse now :S

look this option in Heuristics is peresent in Stable version 9.0.11.70  , i have not Beta as i'm not Beta Tester & i don't request for that so my version is Stable 9.0.11.70 and this option is peresent in that !
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

look this option in Heuristics is peresent in Stable version 9.0.11.70  , i have not Beta as i'm not Beta Tester & i don't request for that so my version is Stable 9.0.11.70 and this option is peresent in that !
Sorry my mistake so your both on  the release version then?
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Sorry my mistake so your both on  the release version then?
as i said my version is 9.0.11.70 but i'm not sure about version of starter's WSA
Userlevel 4
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
hmm it's simple

when i set that on Warn me if any... it doesn't work, but after a fresh reinstall, it's working very well ! ;)
Your using the Beta and I assume @ is using the release version? MAYBE it's broken in the release version?
I am on release version.

1) Tried rebooting
2) Tried re-installing,
3) Tried different non-whitelisted programs.

There's another user who confirms the issue. This is very disturbing as I expect my antimalware protection to be fully functional. I will contact support and give feedback here once they've looked further into this serious glitch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We will see what ? has to say and if he wants logs from you.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? ? my testing showed this after a reboot! So I know the Beta it's working fine!

Tue 2016-09-20 21:47:01.0611 File blocked in realtime: c:windowssystem32{a6d608f0-0bde-491a-97ae-5c4b05d86e01}.bat [MD5: 5C5A797761421CF9B72087F3BC8A5259, Size: 180 bytes] [128/0000000E] [(null)]
Tue 2016-09-20 21:47:21.0559 Connecting to 82 - 82
Tue 2016-09-20 21:47:22.0016 Begin passive write scan (6 file(s))
Tue 2016-09-20 21:47:22.0252 End passive write scan (6 file(s))
Tue 2016-09-20 21:47:34.0687 User process connected successfully from PID 0, Session 0
Tue 2016-09-20 21:47:43.0091 Determination flags modified: c:windowssystem32{a6d608f0-0bde-491a-97ae-5c4b05d86e01}.bat - MD5: 5C5A797761421CF9B72087F3BC8A5259, Size: 180 bytes, Flags: 00004000

?

?

?
Userlevel 4
It's not working on any of my clients. It's been 48 hours and still not even a response from support. I'm giving in another 24 hours before I remove WSA on all of my clients. I simply cannot run my clients with a broken security solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
?  A new update is now out with Bug fixes: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Announcements-and-Release-Notes/PC-Agent-release-notes-for-version-9-0-12-52/m-p/268324 so test this new version and let us know please if it solves your concerns.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
@ wrote:
@  A new update is now out with Bug fixes: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Announcements-and-Release-Notes/PC-Agent-release-notes-for-version-9-0-12-52/m-p/268324 so test this new version and let us know please if it solves your concerns.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Thanks! I just saw this in your post Wilders. Will report back when I've tested.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@  A new update is now out with Bug fixes: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Announcements-and-Release-Notes/PC-Agent-release-notes-for-version-9-0-12-52/m-p/268324 so test this new version and let us know please if it solves your concerns.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Thanks! I just saw this in your post Wilders. Will report back when I've tested.
Thank you! 😃
Userlevel 4
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Thank you! :D
Sadly, Webroot's not letting me update to latest version. I will have to wait for Webroot to roll out the latest version. Probably will update over the next 24 hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here is the link and download and install over top and reboot to set the new drivers!
Standard PC Download Link:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe
Userlevel 4
The latest update dit not fix the issue I'm afraid. But the new firewall control was in the new release. Will wait for support to answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
The latest update dit not fix the issue I'm afraid. But the new firewall control was in the new release. Will wait for support to answer.
Yes they are looking into it as we speak! I'm not saying it's broken I just don't know via the release channel.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 4
Update! Webroot support has identified an issue and will fix it in a future release.

Hello,

Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention. The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. We expect to address this issue in an upcoming software version release, which will be downloaded automatically to your computer and installed when it is available.
Hopefully the fix will be provided soon. I've converted all my machines to Kaspersky in the meantime.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks ?

Daniel 😉