hi guys need help

• 17 September 2015
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
i bought webroot today but is there any way to put webroot in d instead of c???

c i have ssd only 60gb but i only have 3.1 free space but when i put webroot on there no more space

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello vegeta100, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am pretty sure you can install it to the D drive, but not positive.  When you go to install, at the point at which it tells you where it will be installing to, clear that out and manually type in the correct path in 😨, or click the browse button and direct it to the folder you wish to use on the D drive.

If it will not let you do it, please let me know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Additionally, info here might help: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Instalations-with-a-SSD/idi-p/92994
Userlevel 1
i have install in c b/c support email me saying i get the best protection on c 😞 but i get a message saying files can't be synced because c drive has less than 200 mb of free space??
Userlevel 7
If your C drive is down to 200 Mb, you are going to have to find some way to clear space.  Windows just does not like to function with that little amount of room these days.  If you are not highly computer 'literate', you may need to seek help by someone who can actually be at the computer to help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi, if I may add to the discussion,

This is just my opinion but I would optimize my SSD to get the most out of it.

I'm not sure if you have tried to free up space on your C drive and if so, how.

If you have not done it yet you can run disk cleanup and release space held by system files including updates and other space hogs as well as temp file locations.
Perhaps tweak your restore point max size and if your system has been running well, delete all but the last restore point.

Move your pagefile to the D drive. I don't think it will reduce your performance noticeably and may even help.
Delete duplicate files.

You can find many other links to information on how best to do it.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/strategies-freeing-disk-space#1TC=windows-7

Good Luck,
Dave
Userlevel 1
i have delete from my c drive now i got 14.9 mb free space from 1.3 my ssc is 60gb
Userlevel 6
What Operating system are you running, have you upgraded that OS leaving a Windows.old file? Do you store personal files, pictures, documents, on the C drive?

IF the answer to either of the questions above is yes, you can create more room. Personal files can be moved to an external drive, like your pictures and documents.

If the Operating system has been upgraded, deleting the windows.old file will remove a nice chunk of space. If it is the latter i can assist you in removing that file, it is rather simple.
Userlevel 1
i run 8.1 and is updated and everytime delete amd make room the sync still says the same thing. my friend dont me to turn off sync and i did an that fix things