Solved

Hover message: Rating not available -- couldn't connect to Webroot reputation service?

• 30 September 2014
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
On my Google Search page today, instead of the green/orange/yellow/red symbols next to the sites, I am getting a greyed=out symbol with the hover message, "Rating not available -- couldn't connect to Webroot reputation service" and I can't seem to find out what is wrong.  This is both in FF and Chrome (latest versions).  My Webroot plug-in/add-on appears to be working though--the toolbar icon is green.

Anyone know what's up?
icon

Best answer by Mattnyc 1 October 2014, 03:45

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
On my Google Search page today, instead of the green/orange/yellow/red symbols next to the sites, I am getting a greyed=out symbol with the hover message, "Rating not available -- couldn't connect to Webroot reputation service" and I can't seem to find out what is wrong.  This is both in FF and Chrome (latest versions).  My Webroot plug-in/add-on appears to be working though--the toolbar icon is green.

Anyone know what's up?
Hello Mattnyc!

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I'll try to help you. Can you reboot your system?

Then would you try to clear out your cookies and history with these Browsers. 

Where as a search shows Webroot uses grey icons to indicate a shield is turned off. Please have a look below,

Identity Shield
Password Management Toolbar

Also the use of Bright Cloud  Web Threat Shield

You could also reinstall Webroot extension : Chrome here

If you can't resolve this issue please get back to us and one of our Knowlegable gurus will be able to assist you here.

Last but least you can Submit a Support Ticket here as well free of charge.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters!

Now I'm having the same issues as grayed out boxes...in all my Browsers FF, Chrome, Safari and I haven't a fix! Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have no problem here in Canada.

TH

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel!

This just started and I've rebooted and I'm wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall! So weird now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No don't do anything I'm sending this info to my Contact.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
No don't do anything I'm sending this info to my Contact.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Ok all I've done is reboot! 

Thank you Daniel!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Daniel,

Looks like Safari, FF and Chrome are back! Strange indeed!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great! Can you tell me are you using the Web Filter from the Chrome store? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd/details

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Great! Can you tell me are you using the Web Filter from the Chrome store? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd/details

Thanks,

Daniel ;)
Hi Daniel!

Yes I am but look here don't I have too many installed in Chrome?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well that's Chrome it doesn't clean the old extensions! You must be well protected does Chrome even work? :p

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel!

Yes Chrome works! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel!

Yes Chrome works! ;)
Well I was trying to tell you nicely to remove the old ones manually! :D

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Daniel!

I'll get right on it! Now do I unistall Chrome and reinstall?? Will that work? Starting clean? And of course it works! I'm on a Mac!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello Daniel!

I'll get right on it! Now do I unistall Chrome and reinstall?? Will that work? Starting clean? And of course it works! I'm on a Mac!
Click on the Trash Can on old Extensions my dear! :robottongue:

TH
Userlevel 1
Rebooting worked.  Sorry for not trying that first.

Thanks,
Matt
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Rebooting worked.  Sorry for not trying that first.

Thanks,
Matt
Hello Matt,

No need to be sorry! It's great you got this resolved by rebooting!

We all learn here from eachother so come on back and visit or join in! The more the merrier!!:D