Solved

how can I get the Webroot toolbar addon for Firefox? It doid not load during install.

• 3 August 2015
  • 9 replies

I am tryibng to get the Webroot toolbar to show in Firefox. It did not load during instaall and the addon does not show in the Firefox list of available extensions or addons.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 4 August 2015, 17:16

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Are you asking for the Password Manager toolbar or the Webroot Webfilter Toolbar?

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
Sherry,

I need the Password Manager toolbar (icon). I had the toolbar icon before I upgraded to Windows 10, but after upgrading it was gone. There is no Webroot password extension or add-on listed in my Firefox add-ons list.

Thanks for any help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

Please follow these instructions below for Password Manager for Firefox.

Note:This will not work in Microsoft Edge. Webroot is currently workng on a fix for this.Here is a KB article about ths HERE

This sometimes does happen and to try to resolve it you can try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for here.  Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, and  click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double cliks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear or if it does not help/respond to your query.

Kind Regards,
The fix worked fine. I now have the icon. Thanks very much for your help.

Louist
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Louist,

You are most welcome! Thanks for the update!:D
Userlevel 1

Ell, I too have the Webroot Toolbarfix problem. Whenever I run this .exe file Microsoft chips in and takes over. I then search for toolbarfix on their site and it cannot find it!

How do I get round this? Or can I get the toolbar to work by reinstalling Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete again?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Ell, I too have the Webroot Toolbarfix problem. Whenever I run this .exe file Microsoft chips in and takes over. I then search for toolbarfix on their site and it cannot find it!

How do I get round this? Or can I get the toolbar to work by reinstalling Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete again?

Thanks

May I ask for what Browser and OS? The Toolbar Fix is an old tool that you posted in a 6 year old thread.

Userlevel 1

Windows 10 - latest updates  and I’m using Firefox 92.0

Without this toolbar I have to login by other means which is quite inconvenient. I’m not sure but I do seem to remember seeing it in the past, where a dropdown allowed me to login or off on R/h of Firefox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

The Community has deleted allot of the fixes that we could share but now we have to send users to support for help so please contact them.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,