Solved

How can I use the Webroot toolbar with Edge and Windows10 please?

• 20 September 2015
  • 5 replies

I would like to use the webroot toolbar with Edge on windows 10 but it refuses to install; any ideas please?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 20 September 2015, 12:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Microsoft Edge does not have extension support yet. It has been speculated that they will implement it in a couple months, but we shall have to wait and see. Until then you are covered by Webroot by both its main module, and the identity shield, you will notice when Edge is open there will be a lock across the top of your Webroot tray icon, hover your mouse over it and you will be able to read that the identity shield is indeed protecting you.

If you truly want to use the toolbar/extension you will have to use an alternative browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox until Edge has support established.
Userlevel 7
Hi Fred_Byrne

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that the simple answer is that one cannot...because Microsoft Edge does not have any functionality, currently, that allows extensions/addons as was/is the case with IE11.

No news yet as to if and when Microsoft will reverse this policy but if that is causing you an issue then can make use of IE11 which is still available under Windows 10...one just needs to know where to go to find it....which is Start Menus > All Apps > WIndows Accesories > Internet Explorer.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Hello
Baldrick is right.
Because I need using "password manager", I continue to use IE11 with Windows10 and that combination works well with WSAC.

Very many thanks Baldrick and Askiepos. I simply continue to use IE11
Fred
Userlevel 7
Hi Fred

You are most welcome...hopefully Microsoft will eventually advise one way or theother as to whether they will allow extensions/addons for Edge and then if they do we will have to see if Webroot are able to provide an Edge version of the Password Manager & Filtering extensions.

We will keep a look out for developments and hopefully you can drop by from time to time to check out what the lie of the land is re. this? ;)

Regards, Baldrick