Solved

How do I change email address?

• 26 August 2012
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
I have changed Internet Provider and need to change the email address associated with my Webroot product.  

I read in your FAQ that I have to go through a process of applying for new Keycodes (I have 2 keycodes and 6 pc's registered).

How can I simply change my email address?  Am I required to re-register each of the 6 pc's??

Thanks for a great product btw  :)
icon

Best answer by MikeR 26 August 2012, 21:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket using your email address that is associated with your account and they will be able to help you change things over to your new email address! And for here at the Forum just go here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile%3Aemail

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:Thanks for a great product btw  :)
Thank you for the compliment about WSA.:D
I really enjoy it! 😉
Userlevel 1
I have submitted a support ticket now.

I'm a bit wary that the process isn't something I can just do on my account though.

Let's see what happens  :)

Thanks kindly for the advice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I have submitted a support ticket now.

I'm a bit wary that the process isn't something I can just do on my account though.

Let's see what happens  :)

Thanks kindly for the advice!
They will Webroot support does a fantastic job with many issues! ;)

TH

Userlevel 7
I responded in a private message but I wanted to clear things up on this thread as well.

At this time there is not a setting where the customer can change the email. I do believe there is a large discussion around this issue but in this case, I think it would be easiest if I changed everything on your subscription to the new email address for emails and updates on your account and just leave the old address as your login email on the My Webroot Account for the time being.

I do apologize for any inconvenience.
Have you guys fixed this issue yet? It's a pain having to remember that for this one product I must use a now defunct email address as well as a password and security code. But I still can't see any way to change the email address I used when i first bought a webroot product - and which I have not used now for several years.
Userlevel 7
Hi robfuscate

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As far as I know there has been no change to allow users to change their product registration-related email address. Have you Opened a Support Ticket to check with the Support Team as to whether there is anything that they can do for you in the back office in relation to this?

Regards, Baldrick