How do I change the webroot backup/sync location from my c drive to a different hard drive? thanks!

• 13 June 2015
  • 3 replies

I have limited space on my C Drive as it is solid state.  How do I change the location of my 'anywhere' backup/ sync file to my additional hard disk drive ("G" drive)?
This saves in the cloud but the folder is on C and I have to move the files I want to save into it, so I am thinking this will take up memory if I don't move it... Is that correct?

thank you for your help and advice!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bradbray

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I believe that one is not able to change that as I have seen no option allowing for the determination of the location of the Webroot Anywhere folder.

and the help text states "Webroot includes one preconfigured folder for synchronization, called the Webroot Anywhere folder. It resides under your personal User folder in Windows".  Please see here for more details on the overall subject.

Apologies for being the bearer of bad tidings.

Regards, Baldrick
I doubt the original poster is going to read this but it may help someone else..

No, it doesn't look like you can change the default folder location, but it looks like you CAN add additional sync and backup folders and use those instead of the default. Click the cog to the right of Backup & Sync in the main Webroot panel, go to the folders tab, and browse to the folder you want to sync/backup to. You can also do a selective sync of this folder - this doesn't seem possible in the default folder.

Hope that helps.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for chiming in, @! :catwink: