Solved

How do I know if it is a false positive

• 17 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Tried to instal some software. Webroot says there is malware attached. Software developer from India says it is false positive, and I should ignore it. How do I know if it is a false positive? 
icon

Best answer by DanP 17 October 2016, 21:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
I keep clicking that support link but I get no place.  It asks me to login again, but I can't login.  Weird.  What should I do?
You could also the submit the file to us for review here: https://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx

If you have a download link for the software we could download the software and check it. 

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Hello rrhandle, Welcome to the Webroot Secutity Forum. :D

That link works, please use the same email you registered Webroot with and follow the instructions after hitting enter. Did you make a Webroot Account for your product. Use that same email for the Support Ticket. Your password for the Support ticket will come by email.

If all the above fails please Contact Webroot Support by phone to get it sorted.

HTH,
Dave. 😉
I keep clicking that support link but I get no place.  It asks me to login again, but I can't login.  Weird.  What should I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Please Submit a Support Ticket and we can evaluate whether or not the detection is due to a False Positve.

-Dan