Solved

How do I login to Webroot SecureAnyWhere?

• 12 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I am unable to log in to Webroot SecureAnyWhere website, even after resetting security code three times.

I also can't access my printer to scan to computer now. It was working fine minutes prior to me attempting to access Webroot SecureAnyWhere.

I am completely frustrated at this point.

Lostandconfused.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 12 November 2016, 04:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello lostandconfused,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry your having trouble with your printer. Please check to see if Webroot is blocking your Printer:
Webroot GUI > Little Cog Wheel by PC Security (upper right) > Check Quarantine and Block / Allow Files to see if your printer is listed. If listed set to allow. If it isn't listed please do a Uninstall / reinstall of WSA:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
if you caanot log into your Account Console then I would  Submit a Support ticket and let the support team help you out with this loging in issue. This is a free service with your Webroot subscription. They can also help you with your printer if the above does not work.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Hi lostandconfused

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add to what Sherry has suggested.

I checked my WSA client whilst printing & scanning something to see where WSA could be interacting with a printer. And what I would also recommend is that you check the Active Connections (gear/cog to the right of PC Security > Scan & Shields > View Active Connections button) & look for entries under 'Process'  that may relate to your printer/scanner & ensure they are set to 'Allow' rather than 'Block'.

I have an HP printer and so found entries such as  HPNetworkCommunicator.exe, ePrint & HPNetworkCommunicatorCom.exe. These will vary depending on make of printer & even model within make but hopefully gives you some idea as to what to look for.

Also while trying to print, check the Active Processes found under gear/cog to the right of Utilities > System Control > Control Active Processes section > Start button.  Here once again look for the likes of printer-related processes being listed; for HP printers the likes of HPNetworkCommunicator.exe, but also system related process linked to printing/printers, etc. such as RunDll32.exe, Spoolsv.exe, etc.  They also need to be set to 'Allow' if they have been set to 'Block'.

In the case of the system-related components you should also check that the path, i.e., where they are located, is a legitmate Windows one, such as "C:WindowsSystem32spoolsv.exe", "C:WindowsWinSxS", etc.

Hope that assists...but if you have any questions about the above then please post back.

Regards, Baldrick

Badge +1
Webroot is an efficient antivirus setup that provides you hassle free security for your device. Webroot is recognized as one of the best antiviruses in this globe. You just need to give some security permission to start your journey in a safe and worry free environment. Webroot is available for all types of devices with a plethora of options.

I have accepted “Cookies”.  I have tried to reset my activation code several times.  I received 1 email  allowing me to reset the activation code (which I did).  However, when I login, it will not accept my “New” activation code.  While Webroot is supposed to be better that most antivirus programs, it is the most frustrating to receive a response for a problem.  HELP!!!!!

I have tried the recommended suggestions from the community.  And now, it will not accept my password (which hasn’t changed) when I’m trying to send a support request.  HELP!!!

Userlevel 7

I have accepted “Cookies”.  I have tried to reset my activation code several times.  I received 1 email  allowing me to reset the activation code (which I did).  However, when I login, it will not accept my “New” activation code.  While Webroot is supposed to be better that most antivirus programs, it is the most frustrating to receive a response for a problem.  HELP!!!!!

I have tried the recommended suggestions from the community.  And now, it will not accept my password (which hasn’t changed) when I’m trying to send a support request.  HELP!!!

Hello @vk4hugs Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum

I’ll ping our Webroot Employees @khumphrey@freydrew to see if they can help you out with this problem. :wink:

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@vk4hugs ,

As I do not have the ability to look at back-end passwords or manually change info, your best bet would be to get on the phone with customer support and make sure you information is all correct. The best number to reach them is 1-866-612-4227

-Keenan