Solved

How do I removed "Centrally Managed" computer to User managed?

Userlevel 1
  • Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
How do I removed "Centrally Managed" computer to User managed?
Dave
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 1 October 2015, 15:08

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@tmillerok & @TripleHelix , I'm not at my iMac right now but I will be as soon as I get a chance to see what Configurations that I have... 

How about from the Online Console for Mac’s?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks @Ssherjj  it’s not like the one for PC!

Userlevel 1

Hello @tmillerok  it’s almost a 5 year old thread so have a look here for more info: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#UsingPCSecurity/EditingPCSecuritySettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520PC%2520Security%7C_____3

Set it to: User Configuration — Security settings are controlled by the main interface on the computer.

Thanks,

I have  MAC and these settings don’t show under the settings for the MAC.  I see ability on the windows machines though.  I went ahead and opened a ticket.  Thanks anyway :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Let me ping a couple of Webroot Mac users to see what they say but yes contact support! @Ssherjj  @ProTruckDriver 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@tmillerok & @TripleHelix , I'm not at my iMac right now but I will be as soon as I get a chance to see what Configurations that I have... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@tmillerok  & @TripleHelix 

This is what I am seeing on my Online Account Console.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thanks @Ssherjj  it’s not like the one for PC!

Yes it is different now...

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@tmillerok & @TripleHelix 

Please have a look here. https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm

Note: Coming soon: Mac Security will be included in the SecureAnywhere management website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I just noticed here when I hover over the green checkmark for the Mac it states “This Computer is User Managed”

Userlevel 1

@tmillerok & @TripleHelix 

Please have a look here. https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm

Note: Coming soon: Mac Security will be included in the SecureAnywhere management website.

Ok, so does that mean I can’t change my MAC to user managed?  This is the screen I get when I try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@tmillerok Please continue with Webroot Support. My Account Consoles show User Managed when hovering over the Mac icon witrh my mouse.

Also are you set as Administrator by chance in your User Account? Just wondering…

Userlevel 1

Yes I am set as admin in console. 

Userlevel 1
This is what comes up.
(about) (Scans information) & (command) tabs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Great @tmillerok ,

Would you mind letting us know if this issue is resolved by the Webroot Support Team? I'm curious to what they say and as it could help others...if you get a chance. 😊

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

• Click PC Security
  • Click the PC that is having the issue
  • At the bottom of the details window, use the drop down to change to User Configuration
  • Click Save
  • You may need to reboot the computer for this change to take affect.

I hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
It should have the option at the bottom of the About tab, the "Security Setting".  My deepest apologies.. you have to click the "edit" link in order to get the options.  Sorry about that!
Userlevel 1
Yep, that was it.
Thanks so much.
Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @tmillerok  it’s almost a 5 year old thread so have a look here for more info: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#UsingPCSecurity/EditingPCSecuritySettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520PC%2520Security%7C_____3

Set it to: User Configuration — Security settings are controlled by the main interface on the computer.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Awesome!  Again, I am sorry I forgot you had to hit edit to get the drop down.  I don't go into it every day and forgot about that!

Glad we have it sorted out, and I hope you visit here again if you have any questions, or just to sit back and read 🙂
Userlevel 1

I want to do this with a centrally managed MAC and I don’t see the talked about option at all?