Solved

How to apply a newly purchased product key code to an existing keycode that is expiring soon?

• 4 December 2017
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 2
My current subscription is about to expire, so I purchased a new copy.  How do I apply (or add) the days on the new keycode to the existing one?  I also want to do so without losing the 20 days I still have left on the existing subscription.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 24 April 2018, 16:27

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Community Forum,

If you have a new keycode, you can activate it as follows:

For Windows PCs http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/windows_7_start_button.png.
  1. Open SecureAnywhere (see Using the SecureAnywhere interface).  
  2. Click the gear icon next to My Account.  
  3. Enter the new keycode in the box on the right. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/myaccountactivatenewkeycode.png[/img]  
  4. Click Activate. Note: your keycode is a string of 20 alphanumeric characters. It is unique and holds the information about your subscription. You may choose to copy and paste your keycode when prompted, to ensure that the characters are entered correctly.
Also you will need to Contact Webroot Support to add those 20 days to your new subscription. If you have Password Manager & Back up and Sync you will need Support to transfer your PWM and Back & Sync to your new keycode.

Or Call https://tel:18666124268

Userlevel 2
Hello Sherry,
Thanks for the quick response, but I think I wasn't clear enough.  We are using the current subscription on several computers that are located at different locations.  I remember doing what you suggested last year and it cause two problems.  First, the NEW keycode replaced the existing one on only the one computer in which I entered it into the the My Account section of the popup window that you referenced.  In essence, only my computer did had the new keycode.  That presents a problem because one of our other computers is my 88 year-old grandmother's and I'm not currently physically near where she lives and so I wouldn't be able to manually enter the code into her computer for at least another few weeks.  And, that presents the second problem.  When I've manually entered the number into the My Account section of the Webroot popup console window, I lost the remaining days on my existing subscription.  I remember Webroot being able to do something on their end that allowed us to keep our existing subscription's keycode and simply ADD the new subscription's days to it.  Do you know how that can be done?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello LogisticalLogistic,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The best way to fix this is to call Webroot Support and they can help you with these issues. You might be on hold for a little while but they will eventually answer. This needs to be done on their end.

Call https://tel:18666124268

Hope this helps somewhat?
Userlevel 2
Wow, I called the number you suggested.  Webroot's customer service rep refused to simply add the days of my newly purchased, unactivated subscription keycode to my existing subscription.

Anyone else have any ideas.  Upon doing a search on this, I found several online Webroot reps who said they could do such a thing, and that all that was needed to be done was to PM them the old and new keycodes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi LogisticalLogistic,

I am sorry to hear that. They must of changed this policy as before Webroot Support would add the remaining days to your subscription. What a darn shame.:@

I would Submit a Support Ticket and try doing that to see if they refuse you as well. It couldn't hurt...

@  @can you comfirm this?
Userlevel 2
Sherry,
I really appreciate you trying to help.  To answer your question, no, Webroot hasn't changed their policies.  The rep claimed that they've never done what I've asked.  Yet, after opening a support ticket (per your suggestion), I saw that they were able to do this for me last year.  What I find revealing, at least as far as Webroot's "commitment" to customer satisfaction, is that they are now claiming that I am mistaken and that they've never offered this service.  However, it is clear that they have, and that they have done so recently (as evidenced by Webroot reps doing so in these very forums).
All I can do now is hope one of their more honest reps comes along and reads this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are welcome LogisticalLogistic,

I have been on this Forum since 2013 and I have seen where Webroot Support has added days to ones subscription. So I do not know why this has changed.

Lets see if our Administrator or Moderator can assist here when they get a chance?
Userlevel 2
Thanks Sherry, I'll wait to hear from a Moderator or Admin.  I went through this last year as well, and a rep was able to help me.  The reason why I do not want to simply use the new keycode is that I have an 88-year-old grandmother and I have Webroot installed as one of my 5 computers covered by the product.  She's able to email and Skype, but if I try to get her to manually input a new code, I'm afraid she won't be able to figure it out.  So, it's much simpler if Webroot can simply apply the new code's days to my existing code.  That way her keycode stays the same, and there's nothing more she or I need to do.

Userlevel 7
Apologies for the inconvenience, @. I've added the 20 days to your new subscription.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you JP! 😃
Userlevel 2
JP,
One minor change, please.  What I was trying to do was NOT add the 20 days of my existing subscription's keycode to my new keycode.  But instead, I was trying to have the new keycode's days added to the existing one so that I do not have to manually change the keycodes in all 4 of my covered computers.  Are you able to do that?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Apologies for the confusion. I've corrected this, please do let me know if you have any other concerns!
Userlevel 2
JP,
Thanks, you were very helpful.  And, lightning quick replies as well!!!
Have a good day
Hi, 

i just bought 3 keys for the security internet complete. I contacted customer support and they refused to merge the keys for me. Can someone at this forum do it? I have read this and saw JP was able to help someone with the same issue. Is he still able to do it for me?

thanks
Userlevel 7
 Hello @ Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Sorry that you are having this problem. Let me ping @ @ our Webroot Employees. They should be able to help you sort this problem. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Hi, 

i just bought 3 keys for the security internet complete. I contacted customer support and they refused to merge the keys for me. Can someone at this forum do it? I have read this and saw JP was able to help someone with the same issue. Is he still able to do it for me?

thanks
If you can PM me your email that the licenses are linked to, I can do it. Do note that this would be more of a one off as the preferred protocol is to renew the existing license when possible, thus elimnating the possibility of multiple keycodes.
@ wrote:
I contacted customer support and they refused to merge the keys for me.
Thanks @. I too would like to know why support is no longer willing to do this seemingly easy task, as I have always had them combine keycodes for me, as well. If they are NOT going to do this anymore, then there needs to be a KB or other tutorial explaining exactly how users are to go about doing this, including transferring Password Manager and Backup & Sync information to the new keycodes. Or, better yet, just do like pretty much every other software vendor does and allow users to add a new keycode to their EXISTING account, thus adding days and keeping pertinent information, not replacing the whole account, as happens now when a new keycode is entered. It really seems to me like Webroot is just creating a lot of extra work for all involved, from users to support. The renewal process has always been a thorn in my side.
I understand the argument that Webroot wants people to renew through them. But unless their pricing becomes far more competitive and rewards faithful users, that's not going to happen for many, myself included. Instead, I feel that that the current, ambiguous process of renewal confuses and alienates more customers than it attracts and I hope that Webroot will address this issue in the future and, hopefully, streamline the process for the benefit of all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Thanks @. I too would like to know why support is no longer willing to do this seemingly easy task, as I have always had them combine keycodes for me, as well. If they are NOT going to do this anymore, then there needs to be a KB or other tutorial explaining exactly how users are to go about doing this, including transferring Password Manager and Backup & Sync information to the new keycodes. Or, better yet, just do like pretty much every other software vendor does and allow users to add a new keycode to their EXISTING account, thus adding days and keeping pertinent information, not replacing the whole account, as happens now when a new keycode is entered. It really seems to me like Webroot is just creating a lot of extra work for all involved, from users to support. The renewal process has always been a thorn in my side.
I understand the argument that Webroot wants people to renew through them. But unless their pricing becomes far more competitive and rewards faithful users, that's not going to happen for many, myself included. Instead, I feel that that the current, ambiguous process of renewal confuses and alienates more customers than it attracts and I hope that Webroot will address this issue in the future and, hopefully, streamline the process for the benefit of all.
I 100% agree with you, I would love the ability for the customer to add days from a new license into an existing one. I will relay this feedback around, however I am pretty certain this is intentional. I think you hit the nail on the head with "Webroot wants people to renew through them". My understanding is that we still transfer time over from one to another, so support should be more than happy to help. If you ever hit a roadblock there, let me know.

As for the situation Kennytan is in, I have no problem helping, however I would prefer these requests be made with support, or that they simply renew if possible. Goal here being that the Community doesn't turn into a ticketing system for this sort of scenario.
Thanks @, I appreciate the response and for relaying my concerns.

@ wrote: 
As for the situation Kennytan is in, I have no problem helping, however I would prefer these requests be made with support, or that they simply renew if possible. Goal here being that the Community doesn't turn into a ticketing system for this sort of scenario.
Kennytan DID contact support first. It was only after they snubbed him that he ended up here seeking help, like so many others users do when renewing. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Thanks @, I appreciate the response and for relaying my concerns.

@ wrote: 
Kennytan DID contact support first. It was only after they snubbed him that he ended up here seeking help, like so many others users do when renewing. ;)

Fair point, I'm reaching out to support to clear this up. In the meantime, he is more than welcome to PM his account details and I can take care of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Best course of action when needing a transfer of a subscription is to contact support for assistance. That, or renew the existing license. I do appreicate everyone here for keeping the conversation going, however this is the current position Webroot has on the matter.
My only goal with webroot support (forums, tutorials, chat, tech support, etc.) was to figure out if there is a way to renew my subscription in the most convenient way possible, as in one seamless transaction without having to contact anyone.  That would be so awesome if this was possible. 

This year I logged on to my Webroot console first at "https://my.webrootanywhere.com" and under "Keycodes" I added the new serial key a couple weeks before my older key expired.  Whenever you are adding a new code it gives you the option to check/uncheck whether you want a new console for the new keycode.  I wasn't sure so I left it unchecked (as in "no thanks") as I've always done in the past.  I then saw the new code was added to my list of keycodes and under "Days Remaining" it would say "365 (Not Activated)".  Ok, I thought to myself, so when the time comes I'll try and activate it.

My old key expired yesterday so I brought up the Webroot control panel (not the URL link but the actual program on my pc), went to my account settings and added the new serial code in there as well and activated it.  It took it successfully which was great; so far the software portion on my pc is good to go.

I then tried checking my online Webroot console (https://my.webrootanywhere.com) and looked under "Keycodes" but my new serial key still said days remaining was "365(Not Activated)".  But it turns out that you just have to give it a few minutes to sync because when I checked again later it finally said days remaining was "365 (May 11 2019)".  After that everything was working again with no hiccups at all.  I was elated to have finally figured it out!  ...or so I thought.

Today, it turns out that now my Password Manager says my account is deactivated and won't let me log in to use this feature.  Everything else is working except for PW manager.  *Sigh*  Time to contact Webroot Support...  :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to self:

Next year I will try, for the first time, to checkmark that box when adding a new keycode to create a new console for it as well.  Maybe that will be the golden ticket to being able to renew solo without needing to call for anyone to come to my rescue. 

Anyway, just posting this in case other webroot customers may be able to find it useful and also as a way for me to revisit my comments next year to help me remember the steps that I took in the renewal process (my memory is not that good).  Good luck to the rest of you and happy trails!

M.O.
Userlevel 7
Hi mosom17

Am afraid that you will never achieve you goal because if one use the Password Manager and/or Backup and Sync then one must understand that the data stored in the Cloud that relates to these is in fact keyed by on a number of parameters one of with is the KEYCODE activated at the time the data was stored.

So, if you change keycode, i.e., a 'pseudo' renewal rather than really renew when the same keycode is retained, you will need to contact Support so that they can manually transfer the data between keycodes. As far as I am aware there is no automated way of achieving this.

Regards, Baldrick 
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
My current subscription is about to expire, so I purchased a new copy. How do I apply (or add) the days on the new keycode to the existing one? I also want to do so without losing the 20 days I still have left on the existing subscription.
Thanks

Same here.... Just left a post myself that stated this..

Been with Webroot for over 6 years now. I have done this now each time. I was told this round though to call Sales... Which I did and told they don't add time to current keycodes. Said yet they have, done it many time.. reply was "no we haven't, never have... yet I wont argue with you about it"...

he wasn't being rude, just matter of fact attitude. Anyways, I take great dissatisfaction from this. As said this has been done so many times and the reason why I stay with webroot as the ease of it as some systems on my 5 license aren't easily accessible. So I ask, is there anyone that can do what has been done 5 or 6 times already without an issue. All has been great in the past with this very issue until now. Thank you and I look forward to y our reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I sent you a private message, when you get back to me I'll get you taken care of.