Solved

How to clear a domain's Past Spamming history?

• 13 December 2012
  • 4 replies

I am sort of at a loss and hoping there is a chance someone with enough knowledge on the subject may be here.

I purchased a domain name-- spent a lot of hours setting up my site and then began creating a facebook community using a Fanpage. Unfortunately many of the followers are getting messages from FB saying:

"The link you are trying to visit has been classified as potentially abusive by a Facebook partner." and then goes on to say for more information visit WebRoot. (which is why I am here)

I have since learned that my domain was previously owned by a common Spammer (Joe Wein) and had been black listed. I have done what I could at WOT to clear our record and have significantly improved our score. (http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/theyarnbox.com)

Any suggestions or ideas on how to clear our domain's name so that Facebook users are not being warned and scared away before getting to our site? I am only assuming that because FB refrenced WebRoot- that this would be the best place to begin damage control.

Thanks in advance for any encouragement or help

icon

Best answer by JimM 14 December 2012, 18:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Miranda,

Webroot has a reclassification request form you can use.  It will prompt us to revisit the site and make proper reclassifications where necessary.  Please use this link to go to a page with a form that looks like this:

Just fill out the form and Submit, and Webroot will take another look at the site for you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and I'll be happy to help.  🙂
My app also got this today.

The app here: http://www.webdoanhnghiep.biz/Facebook-Amplifier.aspx

It is a marketing tool. Facebook users use app to post to their own profile. Today, user inform me "The app has been listing as MalWare". Please spend litle time to review this.

This link is classified as malware by Webroot, a Facebook partnerVisit Webroot to Learn More about this URL and get your free copy of Webroot's award winning Secure Anywhere product to stay safe on the Internet. Learn more 
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Sure thing ThuLeTrung! Our threat researchers can take a look at that for you if you use the link in my post above to submit it for reclassification.
Thanks JimM, My domain not mark as malware anymore.