How to report a fake alert that Webroot did not trap?

• 30 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
It's great that I haven't ever had this problem before.
One of my customers called me because her Internet Explorer on Windows 7 was locked up with a fake malware alert that had gotten past Webroot. I was able to connect remotely, start Task Manager, select IE, and End Task. 
But I don't know how to report or flag malware that gets past Webroot. Like I said, I haven't seen this problem before.
Is there a user guide that I haven't found yet?
Thanks,
TimC

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32
@ wrote:
It's great that I haven't ever had this problem before.
One of my customers called me because her Internet Explorer on Windows 7 was locked up with a fake malware alert that had gotten past Webroot. I was able to connect remotely, start Task Manager, select IE, and End Task. 
But I don't know how to report or flag malware that gets past Webroot. Like I said, I haven't seen this problem before.
Is there a user guide that I haven't found yet?
Thanks,
TimC
Hello,

Typically these are web based, and from what you are describing it sounds like it was in this case. You can submit a Change Request for the URL here: https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request.php

You could also Submit a Support Ticket

Thanks,

-Dan

Userlevel 1
OK. Thanks!
TimC

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings