i am confusing on block website

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
for some sites : webroot blocked their , but same time i open new tab and type same address , webroot do not blocked their !!!!

Why ???

why webroot on one time and same URL on 2 tabs , show Different results ?!

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi durantash

Have never seen that behaviour so as usual...please, please provide a sample url link so we can check it out to see if we can  reproduce the behaviour.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello durantash!

We have seen a few odd things like that happen, and Webroot is aware of it.  Please get screen shots of the block when the URL is blocked, and submit a Trouble Ticket to get the info to Webroot Support.  Last I knew the Dev's were in need of more data regarding this rare, but annoying, problem.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
i send URLs on private massage for you ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
i sent support tickets for this problem with Email : (Email removed for security reasons)
Userlevel 7
Yes, that should be fine...plus advoce on what steps you took to recreate the issue.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Thank you ,

i sent print screens on private massage for you .
Userlevel 7
Hi durantash

OK, re. the links...thank you.  Have used them multiple times in a number of different browsers with WSA installed and every single time I try I am able to get through with NO issue...tnot one interception or block by WSA.  IS there any specific sequence of events or actions that you take that may help me reproduce the issue?

In terms of the screen prints all I am seeing is:

Is that what you meant to send/what your issue is or is something in the PM system change the images...I am not clear which it is so please advise and if it is the problem that you are seeing then please confirm that.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
i sent 2 images for you .

one time webroot blocked URLs , speedy i open new tab and tried visit same URLs , but webroot do not blocked their .

my browser : FF 33.0.2
webroot filter extention : 1.0.2.42
windows 7 32 bit SP1 with latest updates .
Userlevel 7
Hi durantash

Ok, good we are both seeing the same thing in the screenshot.  I will rebooot my system and try the links again.  I am running the same configuration as you so that is a good thing.

I will post back in a few minutes as to whher I can recreate the issuse.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Dear Baldrick ,

Thank you so much .
Userlevel 7
Hi durantash

OK, here it is...I have tried to replicate what you have described and I just cannot get WSA to block either of the sites at all (I have checked that the Web Threat Filter is working by testingon a site that I know it will block and block it does).

I am therefore not sure as to why you are getting the behaviour you are getting (and I have tried your sites in two other browsers and I get the same results).

I therefore suggest that you Opemn a Support Ticket and let the Support Team see if they can get to the bottom of this for you...unless there is another member who can reproduce the issue?

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
i sent ticket , but they told me must call with phone .

call with phone do not solve my problem . i need a expert eng . review this problem very carefully .
Userlevel 7
Hi durantash

Is there some reason as to why they cannot offer a remote session onto your system? Perhaps because you are located in Iran?

Well, what I would also do is to check out what the reputation classification is for both sites by using this link: 
http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php, and if that then comes up as saying that the sites are good/safe, I would then attempt the old uninstall, REBOOT, clean install, REBOOT routine with WSA...and see if that resolves the issue.

Please post back re. what you find in terms of the reputations of the sites and if you are going try/have tried the uninstall/reinstall approach.

We will be waiting.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
NO . they want users call for remote session .

not problem . i tired .
if again have this problem maybe update this post .
Userlevel 7
Are you sure about that as the last time I did a remote session with Webroot Support they send me an email with a link to click on that set up a LogMeIn session and the whole thing including the conversation was conduct over the iInternet and very succesfully I might add.

I would check to make sure that there is no misunderstanidng on either side behalf as to exactly how the communication should be established.

And before tomorrow night do not forget to check the reputation of the two sites over at BrightCloud.

Have a good night.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hello ,

Today i reinstall my webroot Secure Anywhere .
uninstall
reset system
download latest version
install and register it .

I hope solve problem , i will check it .

Regards ,
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
I have bad news .

again have this problem .

Dear Baldrick ,

i sent URL for you on private message .

Regards .

Userlevel 7
Hi durantash

Yes, thank you...I have received them in the PM and replied to those.

As I said in the PM the only thing I can think of at present is to see if yo get the same issue with the same website when you have disabled Norton Identity Safe.

I doubt it is the issue but as I have not been able to replicate your issue with even one of the websites you have kindly provided, if this does not work then I think that you need to open that support ticket so that the Support Team can have a cracka t the issue for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ 

I've tried to find any support tickets submitted by you regarding this issue, but I'm not seeing any under the email address you are using here on the community. We are going to need a support ticket and to collect logs in order to see exactly why these sites have been blocked. 

If you have not already submitted a ticket regarding this issue, please do so and mention that the sites are being blocked as Phishing Threats. 

Thanks,

-Dan