Solved

I can't login into the Webroot Password Manger extension

• 16 November 2012
  • 22 replies

I got on Google Chrome earlier and I noticed the new Webroot extension that was added to the browser. Only problem is,
I can't login because it states that the E-Mail is unknown which is impossible because I already registered and reset my password 2 times. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by JimM 17 November 2012, 00:32

View original

22 replies

I have spent a lot of time trying to get Password Manager today, and all I get is constantly asking me for my login, password and security code.....must have typed it at least 20 times and got nowhere. Wish I could help....hope somebody can shed some light on this non-functioning program.
Userlevel 7
Slick, I don't see any completed password resets filed in the system for your account. I see one outstanding reset request that was never completed. You should have received an email at the address associated with your account that you can use to reset your password. It doesn't appear to have been used yet. I'd suggest completing the password reset process.

You can resend the password reset email to yourself as well if you need to.  You can use either the "Can't log in" link from the online console login page or you can sign into the online console if the password seems to work for that purpose and use the password reset link found by clicking your email address, going to Account Settings, and clicking Change on the Password line.

Betty, as I understand it, you're having a hard time signing into the online console itself. If you can describe what happens when you attempt to log in, I may be able to assist you. I'd need to have some idea of what happens when you are trying to log in to know what to suggest. You're probably receiving an error message of some sort, and it would help to know what that is.
I am also having difficulty signing onto the Webroot extension to manage passwords.  The error is "Invalid email".  Have done numerous passwords resets to no avail.  In the console the Passwords tab is blank ... e.g. no fields to add sites etc.  This sounds like a useful utility but I have yet to see it.  Advice appreciated.  I am running Webroot SecureAnywhere v8.0.4.104 and IE 11.
Userlevel 7
Hi LuckyCanuck

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you able to sign into the Web Console?  If you manage to then you should use the exact same email address & password that are successful for that to log into the PM extension in your browser...they are one and the same.

I presume that you can get into the Console from what you say, after entering the 2 required characters of your Security Code.  And that you have tried resetting your password & security code via the 'Can't log in' option?

Also, please make sure that you are using the correct email address. 

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi LuckyCanuck

If you get no joy with any of the suggestions made/checking precisely to make sure that you are entering the correct credentials, you will need to Open a Support Ticket containing the credentials that you have been trying to use plus your keycode, etc., so that they cvan check in the back office to see what is going on.

Once they have done that they should be able to advise you as to the approrpiate credentials to use to get in/reset your account.

If you do have to take this route then please not that whilst staffed 24/7 there is a reduced presence on the Support Desk and so they may not respond in their usual speedy way until the start of the week.

Regards

Baldrick 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I am also having difficulty signing onto the Webroot extension to manage passwords.  The error is "Invalid email".  Have done numerous passwords resets to no avail.  In the console the Passwords tab is blank ... e.g. no fields to add sites etc.  This sounds like a useful utility but I have yet to see it.  Advice appreciated.  I am running Webroot SecureAnywhere v8.0.4.104 and IE 11.
Welcome LuckyCanuck to the Community Forum!:D
Great to have you here. Sorry about your PW Manager issues. But it looks like Baldrick has given you some great responses and hopefully this can be resolved guickly.
EDIT: Heres a Knowledge Base article here if you would like to review it. Password Manager

Please let us know if you need further assisstance and if you would kindly reply back and let us know how this all turns out Since we are all Volunteers here trying to help out others,

Thank you,
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi LuckyCanuck ! Welcome to the community!

Sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Have you just recently installed Webroot? If so, have you set Password Manager to allow in the web console? It should be by default. but it never hurts to check..

From your online account console, once signed in, click the arrow next to your email address on the upper right, click manage users from the list. it should say access under Passwords. This video may help you with the Password Manager
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-use-Password-Manager/ta-p/71355

It is also possible that the Password Manager Toolbar in Internet Explorer may need to be re-installed. If so, there is a fix for that.

If you have not as yet used this utility as you mentioned, then the password tab in your account console would be blank as you havent entered any passwords yet.

Please advise and if this is not the case and the information from Baldrick as well has not worked, please contact Tech Support as Baldrick also suggested. You can submit a support ticket  24/7, please reference this thread by including this  link to your question https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/I-can-t-login-into-the-Webroot-Password-Manger-extension/m-p/135067#M7935

For reference, there is information in the online user guides that may help you/.  This link  is for managing account settings for PC.
You will find information for PC and Mac in the online user guides.

You will find info for moble; iOS and Android as well as PC and Mac in the Webroot SecureAnywhere Help and Product Guides

Let us know how you are doing and please come back often and share your experiences!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello LuckyCanuck and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I assume your a Canadian by your username and if you are nice to have another Canadian on-board I'm not alone anymore! :D

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Daniel...shame on you 😉...you have never been alone in the Community...Muahaahaa :D

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

I assume your a Canadian by your username and if you are nice to have another Canadian on-board I'm not alone anymore! :D

Cheers,

Daniel ;)
Daniel...shame on you 🙂...you have never been alone in the Community...Muahaahaa :)

Baldrick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes TripleHelix, you are never alone,,,are you claiming to be a minority? 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Cheers,

Daniel ;)
Daniel...shame on you 🙂...you have never been alone in the Community...Muahaahaa :)

Baldrick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes TripleHelix, you are never alone,,,are you claiming to be a minority? :p
Well that's very true and I'm not sure how many other Canadians are on the Community but I have my Friends Worldwide!

Thanks,

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

Baldrick

Yes TripleHelix, you are never alone,,,are you claiming to be a minority? :p
Well that's very true and I'm sure how many other Canadians are on the Community but I have my Friends worldwide!

Thanks,

Daniel :D
Hello TripleHelix!
You certainly do at that! 😉
Userlevel 7
Hmmmmmmm...and now, respectfully, back on topic...;)
I have tried evertthing I think to make it work. I have reset my password, uninstall and reinstall webroot. Nothing works, I even called the help desk and they could not figure it out. When I try to log in it says that my email isn't found. PLEASE HELP! I just got my computer back from being fixed and had to instatll webroot and now it won't work. 
i tried to remove the extension from chrome and now I can't get it to reinstall....... thought if I tried to do this that it might fix it but i was wrong  Also let me provide some addtional information. I am able to log into the console and when I try to go the the password section, it won't let me and says that I need to wait 5 minutes and try again. Which I have tried and still doesn't work. I also tried to do the toolbarfix download but that doesn't do anything either. I did change my password and I know that it works since I am able to log into the console. 

Userlevel 7
Hi jjwhite7778

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear about your issues.  I take it that you have tried everything that has been posted in this thread previously?  

If you cannot get the extension to reinstall in Chrome then what yo can try is to find the lpchrome.crx file which should reside in the C:programdatawrdatapkg folder (assuming that WSA was installed according to defaults).  This is a hidden folder so you may need to adjust your Folder Options temporarily to find the path, etc.

Once yo uhave found the file then opne up the Extensions pag in Chrome, and then drag the file to that page...Chrome should then offer you the normal 'do yo want to install' dialong and you should be able to click the option to Allow.

Well, if that does not work also then I think that you are at that point when the best course of action is to Open a Support Ticket containing the credentials that you have been trying to use plus your keycode, etc., so that Support can check in the back office to see what is going on.  We in the Community have no access to the back office...hence the recommedation.

Once they have done that they should be able to advise you as to the appropriate credentials to use to get in/reset your account.

If you do have to take this route then please not that whilst staffed 24/7 there is a reduced presence on the Support Desk and so they may not respond in their usual speedy way until the start of the week.

DO come back an let us know how this pans out for you.

Regards

Baldrick 
Userlevel 2
I too Have the same issue and am using FireFox (Up to date).
There appears to be a pattern here. I am logged in here, as well as into my Webroot Console, nither of these is the issue.
Only the password manager throws the error " Unknown Email Address " upon attempting to login.
The bar is red and has the " Try Again " option on the far right, and the Webroot logo on the far left with the message Unknown Email Address.
Too many are having the issue for it to be a user issue, and various browsers are represented as well, IE, Chrome and FireFox are found within this thread. Are there any plans to address this issue ?
I have simply stopped attempting to use what I was hoping would have been a very secure password manager, and I use FireFox's built in manager with master password protection.
I love my Webroot nad hope to one day utilize all of its utilities equally. PeAcE

Userlevel 2
Sorry for my lack of versions.
FireFox: 35.0.1
Webroot SA: 8.0.6.44
Webroot Password Manager: 2.5.0
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Community Forum,

May I suggest if you have read this thread and you are still having problems with Password Manager extension then would you mind doing a clean reinstall of Webroot?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then you can issue a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription as well.

One more thing is I can ping @ for another Solution...

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 2
OK, I seem to have solved my issue, I will list the steps I took and I hope this helps any FireFox users out there that are sitting and scratching their heads in frustration.
1: I  went to settings, addons, in FireFox and removed the toolbar for Webroot.
2: I ran Ccleaner, I have the Professional version but i think the free version will suffice.
3: I ran the webroot fix tool found in this thread :Run It As Admin: and only select the :Remove: option
4: I rebooted my PC and Ran Ccleaner again and ran the registry option in CCleaner, this was to look for any leftovers after the removal.
5: Now run the Webroot fix tool as Admin again and choose the "Repair or Install" option.
6: Open FireFox and when prompted allow the install of the Addon.
7: I entered my Email and Password and the webroot password icon uptop went from clear to Green and I had access to its options menu.
I am running Windows 7 x64 (Up To Date) with SP1 And FireFox 35.0.1
I surely hope this helps anyone having the headache I had. PeAcE

P.S. Thanks https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14289 for your reply but a re-install of Webroot SA was not necessary to solve this issue, but Kudos to you for your attempt. PeAcE
Userlevel 2
I read this whole thread and tried all solutions found except for a total reinstall of Webroot SA because Webroot was proforming top notch on my PC and from reading the thread a reinstall of Webroot SA did not work for many of them. For me at least the issue seemed to be the install of the toolbar itself and FireFox so thats where I focused and found my solution. PeAce
P.S. I still gave Kudos for your reply and yes I had seen this option splattered all over the thread 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello,

We appreciate all that information and I'm happy to hear you have things running smoothly. This certainly does put a better perspective in fixing Password Manager Extension.

Thanks so much CyberGhost!!:D