Solved

I don't know what has happened, but I cannot log into my webroot account. almost fixed. almost*

Userlevel 2
and since my email is dead, I do not have a way to retrieve my password. can someone please help me out here and tell me what I should do?
icon

Best answer by nic 2 September 2014, 18:08

View original

47 replies

Userlevel 2
oh and btw, it has been such a long time (being that i changed to linux,) that I wanted to change the rights on it to the people who are actually using it. so if you could help me out that would be very kind.

my codes kind of get complicated so I probably screwed up somewhere and that is why I cannot log in. (meaning my code has some extra letter I never intended to have in it.)

ps if you want to know the emails attached I can tell you them. in Private if that will help.
Userlevel 7
Good evening Zimuka... I'd strongly suggest that you open a support ticket so they can resolve this problem for you.  Do come back and let us know how things turned out.
Userlevel 2
just so you know I only have one email out of the three that even still works. it starts with the letter D.
Userlevel 2
Well one problem solved another one remains... my secret answer is hidden to me sadly. I have a feeling it is something to do with one of my pets but not sure. I know the phone number with the account if that helps. can you send it to my home phone on the answering machine? let me know. do it twice though if you can.   

trying to think of anything else that you would need to know. But all the same I do not care if you have to delete the old usernames and make me a new one for this security key.

But please help me out. 

my bad if It seems like I am asking for a lot lol.

I have to go to sleep soon though or I will regret it the next morning. so idk. for now I shall sleep. I guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome to the WSA Community Forum Zimuka, you state here,

Well one problem solved another one remains... my secret answer is hidden to me sadly. I have a feeling it is something to do with one of my pets but not sure. I know the phone number with the account if that helps. can you send it to my home phone on the answering machine? let me know. do it twice though if you can.

trying to think of anything else that you would need to know. But all the same I do not care if you have to delete the old usernames and make me a new one for this security key.

But please help me out.

I have to go to sleep soon though or I will regret it the next morning. so idk. for now I shall sleep. I guess.
-------------------

May I help you by asking you to go here https://my.webrootanywhere.com/forgotpassword.aspx For you can reset your security code here as well.

See you in the Morning and there will be more Forum Members here to help you further! ;)

Salute,
Userlevel 2
actually i meant secret question/secret answer ;/ well anyways tomorrow then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Zimuka! Well that link will let you change your security question. We can help you further in the morning! Good night! 🙂
Userlevel 2
or like noon today lol. (tomorrow has begun ie)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
No problem Zimuka! We are Volunteers here and there's always someone to help you anytime! 😉
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
and since my email is dead, I do not have a way to retrieve my password. can someone please help me out here and tell me what I should do?
Hi Zimuka!

Sorry you are having this issue.

As you do not have access to your email, using the lost password link will not help as you do need access to email for that. I agree with JPasternak, you will need to submit a support ticket. Your keycode is attached to your email address you used when you installed Webroot. Please give tech support a valid email address to associate your keycode with.

Beth
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

But please help me out. 

@ , we are volunteers here in the community.

Tech support will be able to take care of this for you. You can submit a support ticket to them 24/7. Please give them an email adress that you can access and reference this thread by giving them this link https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/I-don-t-know-what-has-happened-but-I-cannot-log-into-my-webroot/m-p/134707

They will contact you in return via email.

Let us know how everything is and come often and post!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Hi Zimuka

Can we just clarify exactly what problem or problems still remain for you.  It it is just a case of you not being able to remember your Security Code or your passaword then Sherry's advice should help resolve that re. going to the https://my.webrootanywhere.com/forgotpassword.aspx web page as suggested.

If the issue is to do with your email address used for access then you need to follow the advise of Jeff & Beth re. contacitng support as in this case we volunteers have no access to the back office systems which control all of that.

Hopefully some piece of the advice provided by Sherry, Jeff & Beth will be of assistance if not then please come back and clarify what you position is and we will see what more we can do to help.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I did actually last night but can you help?
Userlevel 2
nope its the secret answer that i need help with. (/secret question.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
nope its the secret answer that i need help with. (/secret question.)
So you don't remember the Secret Answer to the Secret Question so it is best to Contact Support then unless you can remember it some how? And after Support reset's it try a better one so it's easy for you to remember.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
I did. no response though 😢
Userlevel 2
not sure when they'll respond lol...

insert nervous laughter here _______________
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I did. no response though ;(
It will take some time and in most cases 24 to 36 hours as they put them in a priority like at the Emergency Room.

Just have some patience and they will contact you.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
any idea on how long it will take though for someone to respond ?

hmm...
Userlevel 2
oh ok. I thought it would be much much sooner like an hour or less. well thank you. good to know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
ohok. I thought it would be much much sooner like an hour or less. well thank you. good to know.
It could be sooner I'm just saying 24 to 36 hours as it's the Weekend and not fully staffed. During the week here usually a Webroot Staff member can push it faster as they have full staff worldwide.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
would it be possible to just wipe it all away once my new cd for the complete version arrives? Because this is just getting crazy. I cannot figure out what to do. (I would rather loose all my information if I cannot have it.) Also, nothing of much importance left anyhow. If you could it least do that much that would be nice.
Userlevel 2
rough day yesterday and I don't want a repeat today. seriously. I just hope it arrives soon. because I feel like I am losing patience with myself and in general. :(

All in all though I do appreciate your product. I just think the 2nd step/my own mistake caused a problem for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Zimuka!
It's rough when you have issues. Don't be hard on yourself we all live and learn. I don't think there is much you can do now until WSA Support contacts you. It will be a long weekend for sure. Try to be patient and all will get fixed soon enough!

Enjoy your weekend Zimuka! 😉
Userlevel 2
eh well at the very least I would like support to separate my account from the new cd key. and after the new cd key arrives, delete everything on the old account. (but if you could delete all the online backup files on my account at the very least that would be a godsend to put it lightly. (I have copies of the important stuff anyways.)