Solved

I don't know what has happened, but I cannot log into my webroot account. almost fixed. almost*

Userlevel 2
and since my email is dead, I do not have a way to retrieve my password. can someone please help me out here and tell me what I should do?
icon

Best answer by nic 2 September 2014, 18:08

View original

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Zimuka

Unfortunately, as we are just volunteers, and not Webroot staff, we are not able to do that for you...and so younwill have to wait for Support to contact to get that done also.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
hmm yes well, could you forward this to them?
I know quite a few of those files are zipped if proof was needed.
but in general only delete the files on my three backup accounts attached to it.  (but do not delete the rest till well, I get the new product keys.)

can you forward this request for me in case they do not get my request?
Userlevel 7
Hi Zimuka

If you have opened the support ticket you can update it with the link to this thread and then they will have a direct link to the information...but also I can page our most excllent Community Manager @ and see if he can pass this on to Support for you.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
you don't have to but I would appreciate it. if it is okay with them.
Userlevel 2
thank you that would be good.
Userlevel 7
Done for you in my previous post...by using the@username function...;):D 

It is the weekend so even if Nic is online he may not be able to help until the start of the week...so do try to have patience.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
hmm yes well, could you forward this to them?
I know quite a few of those files are zipped if proof was needed.
but in general only delete the files on my three backup accounts attached to it.  (but do not delete the rest till well, I get the new product keys.)

can you forward this request for me in case they do not get my request?
Don't worry and have patience Support will fix everything for you nothing will be lost or changed without your consent! And as Baldrick pinged Nic so he could help as well!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
oh ok. I thought it would be much much sooner like an hour or less. well thank you. good to know.
Hello Zimuka!

I hope you have heard back from Tech Support. Unfortunately, as I advised last night and I see others have as well again today,  please submit a support ticket and reference this thread by including this link https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/I-don-t-know-what-has-happened-but-...  and give them an email address that you can access.

Nic has already been pinged and he will be happy to assist you with this. Please be patient, I understand it is very frustrating for you. Sorry for the inconvenience, they will get back to you very soon and will be able to take care of everything for you.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you heard back from support yet?  If not let me know and I'll submit an escalation.
Userlevel 2
yep he has. I think things will go more smoothly now. (Once I get access back to my account xD) which will happen in one day. 🙂
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
yep he has. I think things will go more smoothly now. (Once I get access back to my account xD) which will happen in one day. :)
Happy to hear things are moving along Zimuka !

Please keep us posted and come back often!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Zimuka, you state here:

yep he has. I think things will go more smoothly now. (Once I get access back to my account xD) which will happen in one day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Zimuka for letting us know!

Have a great day! And come on back ya hear! 😉
Userlevel 2
heh small problem (the computer that you cured was fixed... but... I still need to retrieve my password. I cannot have it sent to an email that doesn't exist. 😉 Sorry to bother you guys again but the secret question has nothing to do with pets for the one email. (the one that still exists.) I hope this isn't too much trouble but could you help me out with that or since webroot is expiring soon... just delete the account and everything on it a day after the cd arrives. (I backed up everything so it shouldn't be a problem.) or, give me access if possible. I appologize in advance. The secret question I will whisper to you if you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
heh small problem (the computer that you cured was fixed... but... I still need to retrieve my password. I cannot have it sent to an email that doesn't exist. 😉 Sorry to bother you guys again but the secret question has nothing to do with pets for the one email. (the one that still exists.) I hope this isn't too much trouble but could you help me out with that or since webroot is expiring soon... just delete the account and everything on it a day after thecd arrives. (I backed up everything so it shouldn't be a problem.) or, give me access if possible. Iappologize in advance. The secret question I will whisper to you if you want.
Only the Support Inbox can help you and yes it's allot of hassle when you change an email when you don't have access to the old one.

Daniel
Userlevel 2
then I guess I am kind of screwed. oh and btw, I still haven't recieved the CD. weird eh?

can you forward to the support channel that I want my entire backup information wiped clean.  Meaning I want all the space freed.

and also if possible to attach a new email to it which I actually still have... with admin status.

The only two accounts for which the passwords I would know are dead in the water.  Meaning I can retrieve nothing since i closed the accounts.   

I am really sick of this not knowing what is going on.  Sorry but I need the account, the cd, and backup information under my control. 

I do wonder if it was a mistake to get webroot.  I really appreciate the software don't get me wrong. But the online backup service frankly sucks at this time. I will check back every so often if needed.

Sorry it is what it is... not trying to be mean but it is a problem for me.
Userlevel 7
Hi Zimuka

Sorry to hear that you issues continue...:(

I think that it is time to page our most excellent Community Manager @ to see if he can use his magic touch to help get to the bottom of this for you.

Fingers crossed that he can once again weave his magic...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
should i pm him here? or idk... wait?

Let me know what would be more helpful...
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
should i pm him here? or idk... wait?

Let me know what would be more helpful...a
Hi Zimuka:
Baldrick advice is solid.......I would go ahead and pm nic, he will address this issue and resolve it....your in good hands. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Zimuka - I replied to your PM.  Please let me know if that got to you!
Userlevel 2
oh don't worry I got it.
Userlevel 2
you may mark it solved this time. it appears the problem is fixed as long as I do not use that one email account for the online backup.
strange that it cannot be fully wiped off of it. (oh well)
Userlevel 2
you may mark as solved. I just hope I never have to go through THAT again...

xD

and thank you for your help.