I had a MS Technician fix a Windows update glitch however he downloaded a virus/malware.

• 4 October 2016
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I called my bank and they told me to contact my internet provider to have the remote access removed because this person can still access my computer whether it is on or not. My bank gave me a temporary password to reset my password after I got the remote access removed and then I would not be liable if something happened to my bank accounts.

I call ATT and for only $15 a month they cover up to four computers including optimizing, removing remote access, virus check, printers, iphones, tuning up the computer and a lot more! I can call anytime. It took about one hour with ATT and they restored and fixed my registry, remove emptied files, removed one virus threat, and a lot more! I was surprised about the one virus! I now have a ATT toolbox on my destop at my disposal.

The reason I say all of this is because if you are getting a lot of tickets on this then please let the people know that they need to do what I did for peace of mind. If ATT couldn't do it then I was going to have to take my computer to a technician.

I also am in the process of changing the rest of my userids and passwords.

I learned a valuable lesson and not let anyone access my computer unless it is ATT, Webroot, or Carbonite. Something good came out of this and I would like to share my experience with others to help them not do what I did or if they did they will know what the best course of action is. What better way to know what is in the road ahead then from someone returning. 

Thank you for your support.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!