Solved

I have had nothing but issues with Webroot since I was recommended to purchase the security program.

• 6 March 2016
  • 4 replies

The purchase I made did not download correctly.  Then I had technology support reinstall the program.  Now, after hours of trying to get the program to work, I do not have the initial full protection intalled that I paid for.  I tried again to call to have a technician to assist, because I am receiving continual error popups that my Windows Firewall and Webroot are both turned off.  I look further and realized I did not even have an optimation tab in my utilites tab for Webroot.  Still unprotected in that area, but very disappointed in the brand and service I have received.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 12 March 2022, 15:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @pictures 

Did you buy the Boxed version or Installed by Geek Squad? https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-instructions

If you purchased through the Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription Software program (on your statement it will say Best Buy next to the amount charged), please direct questions regarding your subscription software by calling 1-800-433-5778. Be sure to inform them that you are calling in regards to Webroot subscription software managed by Best Buy.

If the Boxed version take the Box back to Best Buy and they will sort it out for you!

Thanks,

My webroot expired, so I went to Best Buy and bought another one installed it and it does not work

Userlevel 7
Hi Betty0818

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am not clear as to whether, further to uninstalling 'another security software' WSA has been successfully installed and activated? If so then there is really no need for this additional security software as WSA will provide all the protection that is really needed.

To check if WSA is active and protecting the system one should check for the WSA notificaiton tray icon (Cirdle with a 'W' in it) and that itis GREEN...if not then there is an issue with WSA, and in which case please post back withthe details and we can try to assist in the resolution of that, dependant on what the cause is.

Regards, Baldrick
Talk to Webroot support <email address snipped for reasons of privacy>Logout
Send another message
Your Message (Mar 6, 2016 4:23) screen print of issueYour program does not even allow me to do a screen print shot to show you the issue.
Your Message (Mar 6, 2016 4:09) optimization not an optionI am continually receiving error messages that both my Windows Firewall and Webroot protection is turned off. I looked further into my purchase of Webroot application and realized that I do not even have optimization as a tab to click on in the utilities tab. Once I found that out, I tried putting in the disk I received in the mail to try to rectify the poor installation. That did not work, it only made me create another ID and passwords. Please help me with this, as I had only used your company's product from recommendation from my college son and daughter, and this has not been a good experience. My computer cannot be properly cleaned or protected now because of this issue.
Your Message (Mar 6, 2016 3:53) No option for Optimizationuser is trying to to optimize her webroot subscr1ption on her dell laptop. when clicking on the utilities menu - there are no options for this at all.
Webroot Support (Feb 17, 2016 19:21) RE:If you cannot correct this situation....Hello,

Thank you for working with us. We apologize for the inconvenience but we found that there was a typo in your email address when you purchased this subscription. This has since been fixed and we resent the confirmation email for you with your new key code and download instructions.

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

We would love to hear your thoughts! Please take a moment to let us know how we did. Click here to take a short survey.

We would also like to invite you to join the Webroot Community, an online forum where you can find answers to your security questions, vote on ideas for our products, and talk to experts.

Sincerely,

The Webroot Support Team
Your Message (Feb 17, 2016 4:06) If you cannot correct this situation....I will have to file an unauthorized payment file to have the funds refunded to download a different protection product. I have had poor communication and service by your company for a product that I fully paid for and has not been provided to me.
Your Message (Feb 17, 2016 4:01) product purchased, but not downloaded properlyper the prior email, i have provided the last 4 digits of the card used for the initial purchase, as well as the amount paid, and the confirmation of the payment. this is the only email address i used for the purchase, and i have never had a prior subscr1ption to you service that i recall. i will again copy and paste the confirmation of the purchase of your product:

02/16/16 purchase webroot anti broomfield co card6269 $75.07

i still cannot download nor update the program to show the actual purchase i made. i only have the temporary trial membership showing for my account that was installed by a technician!!

who do i need to correct this and get the membership i paid for?!! you may contact me at my cell at though the computer needed the program is at my home, and i am at work during the hours you have stated for communication. during my work hours, you may also email at my office at
i am getting very frustrated in trying to install a program provided by your company that was referred to by my son, and that i fully paid for with service that was not provided until i had to call several times.
Webroot Support (Feb 16, 2016 18:14) RE:product purchased, but not downloaded properlyHello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot. Due to unusually high call volumes we are unable to call you back.

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account data using the information you have provided. We are more than happy to assist you, but are going to need more information to do so. If you would please provide us with any of the following information, this should enable us to locate your account.

1. The registered full name on the account
2. Current and/or previous email addresses you may have used with Webroot.
3. The keycode associated with your Webroot software.
4. The invoice number associated with your Webroot purchase.
5. The last 4 digits of the credit card used for purchase.
6. The date and amount charged, as shown on your billing statement.
7. The serial number (a series of letters/numbers beginning with WBR) located near the barcode on the box or on your receipt. (If this is a subscription through Best Buy)

If you purchased through the Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription Software program (on your statement it will say Best Buy next to the amount charged), please direct questions regarding your subscription software by calling 1-800-433-5778. Be sure to inform them that you are calling in regards to Webroot subscription software managed by Best Buy.

We appreciate your assistance in this matter and look forward to working with you.

- The Webroot Support Team
Your Message (Feb 16, 2016 3:15) product purchased, but not downloaded properly02/16/16 PURCHASE WEBROOT ANTI BROOMFIELD CO CARD6269 $75.07
Webroot Support (Feb 15, 2016 12:29) RE:installation failedHello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot.

Please use these instructions to apply this keycode to your software and update your subscription information:

1. Open the Webroot program and click the gear icon next to "My Account."
2. Enter your keycode in the field provided under "Activate a new keycode” and click "Activate."
3. If a scan starts automatically, allow the scan to complete.

To see our user guide page of these steps, including images, please click here .

This should resolve all subscription problems. If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Thank you,

The Webroot Support Team
Your Message (Feb 14, 2016 21:12) installation failedI just purchased the protection, and it states it is "expired"! I have no current protection!
Your Message (Feb 14, 2016 3:14) Webroot not installed properly.User has just recently signed up for Webroot Secure, she has just paid for it today and when trying to log into her account it states that her password has expired.

She has un-installed another security software to get this done and is now concerned that she has no protection at all.