I have renewed yesterday, but WebRoot SecureAnywhere expired today anyway. How do I fix?

• 5 December 2015
  • 3 replies

I renewed my subscription yeaterday morning (Dec 4th). This morning, my account shows expired. Any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi robhkerr

Welcome to the Community Forums.

First of all, there is no reason to panic as there is a 30 day grace period from the actual date of expiry to when WSA will stop removing malware...so we have plenty of time to resolve this issue. This goes for both the Best Buy and standard Webroot versions, as far as I am aware.

Secondly, can yo advise as to which version you are using? The Best Buy/The Geek Squad version or the standard Webroot version?

Thirdly, was your renwal a 'real' renewal, i.e., you added more time to your current subscription and did not receive a new keycode or was it a 'pseudo' renewal which involved the purchas eof a new subscription for which you received a new keycode?

If you can advise on the above we can see how best to try to assist.

Regards, Baldrick

I am using the BestBuy version. I have not received a key code yet. Apparently, after re-reading their email confirming my renewal, it indicates that after the credit card is processed, they will send an email with instructions. I suspect there will be a new key code, so we'll wait until I get that email. Thanks for the quick response.
Userlevel 7
No worries, Rob

Now we know it is the Best Buy version we can be more focused in terms of advice. Based on what I understand I can advise that for renewals Best Buy does NOT bill in 'real time'.  They do all their Subscription Services (AV and Tech Support) billing in a single large daily batch, which means that means when you provide your credit card information online, your card has NOT been billed yet. It will be billed as follows:

If your subscription is NOT overdue to be renewed, your credit card will NOT be billed until the actual renewal due date.

If your subscription is already past due for renewal, your credit card will be charged over the next 24 to 48 hours.  

Given you have the grace period, as I said previously, no need to worry...you are fully covered as you would be if the subscription was active.

If you have not seen the subscription come through by the end of the weekend then I would contact Best Buy directly (details/options for contacting them online or by phone can be found here).

If if all else fails then do come back here and we can see if our most excellent Community Manager can undertake some behind the scenes investigations on your behalf.

Regards, Baldrick