I'm having trouble downloading Webroot

• 3 September 2015
  • 1 reply

I just paid for my renewal and then nothing.  Then by accident found a download button, did the download and pressed run it did not run or do anything.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello JAGwinn, welcome to the Community!

If you paid for a RENEWAL, that maintains your current key code.  There is no need to install anything as Webroot is always updated to the latest version.  Webroot no longer follows the old fashioned model of making customers uninstall an old version and installing a new copy every year!  As soon as Webroot has a new feature or update ready, they release it and we all get it right away!

If your Renewal was through Best Buy / Geek Squad, you will see the renewal take effect within 24-48 hours.  They do not bill credit cards in live time: they run one massive billing batch every day.  If you submitted your payment info in time for today's batch, you will see the renewal within the software tomorrow.  If your payment info is not processed until tomorrow's batch, you will see it the day after.

Please let me know if instead of purchasing a renewal, you actually purchased a new key code.  We may need to do a few things if you actually recieved a new key code.