I purchased my computer from Best Buys with Webroot security anywhere installed and can't remove it.

• 30 October 2014
  • 3 replies

I purchased the latest version of Webroot security anywhere and i'm not able to remove the existing Webroot product that was installed on my pc by best buys.  Whenever I try to install the new version, the Webroot brown screen comes up and the install doesn't start.  I want to remove the old version completely and then install the new version.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello ladyshihtzu2010, welcome to the Webroot Community!

If your previous version was the Best Buy Subscription Software version, and your new copy is ALSO the Best Buy Subscription, there is no need to uninstall at all!  Webroot always stays updated to the current version for all users.  You already have the newest version installed.

Simply open WSA
Click the 'gear tool' next to My Account
Enter you new key code into the white box on the right side and click the Activate button.  That's it.

If you new copy is NOT a Best Buy Subscription version, you will indeed need to remove the old version.

Click Start
All Programs
Webroot SecureAnywhere
Tools
Uninstall Webroot

OR

Open the Control Panel
Programs
Webroot, and click uninstall.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any problems or questions!

I'm having the same problem. I bought 2 computers from Best Buy last year that came with Webroot installed.Those versions expired and yesterday I went to Webroot's website and paid for
Webroot SecureAnywhere® Internet Security Complete. I uninstalled the Best Buy version of Webroot Internet Security and I installed the new version that I bought yesterday and when I open it it brings up the old Best Buy version and says I have to renew the Best Buy version which I do not want to do. I see many people are having the same issue uninstalling the Best Buy version. What do I do get help here or request a refund from Webroot and dispute this charge that I just made yesterday. This is [removed by moderator]!!
Hi kant57,
Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. It sounds as if the Best Buy version did not uninstall correctly. This is not a common occurance but does happen from time to time.

Please contact Webroot support, either online or via phone, and they will most certainly straighten this out for you. ASAP.

Submit a ticket onlie.
or
Call 1-866-612-4227  7am-6pm MST M-F

@ it looks like the spam filter needs tweaking? 😛