Solved

Identity Shield - Secured Sessions

• 7 January 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
I have noticed that regardless on how many tabs in Opera 12.12 is opened, it shows on the main GUI (the 4th line from the top) 1 secured session is currently active and being protected by the Identity Shield. However if I open let's say 5 tabs in IE9 it says that 5 secured sessions are .....

It looks like while in IE9 all opened tabs are recorded and counted correctly by the Identity Shiled, it is not the case for Opera. I wouldn't mind for the figures stated in the said notification had I known that all opened tabs in Opera are protected by the Identity Shield.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks & regards,
pegas
icon

Best answer by JimM 7 January 2013, 17:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I see the same pegas so it's not just you.

TH
Userlevel 7
Thx TH for the confirmation. I was afraid it could be again somehow related to my unsupported OS language. Glad I was mistaken 😃 Will wait what Webroot folks are to say.
Userlevel 7
If you open up task manager and play around with adding new tabs to IE, you'll notice that in IE a new process is created for new tabs. On the other hand, Opera handles all of its tabs out of one process. So what counts as a "session" is architecturally different in either program. The protection from WSA is there in either case.
Userlevel 7
Thx Jim for the clarification and reassurance ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Jim I knew there was a simple explanation!

TH