Solved

IE Webroot Extension - Not Available - Publisher Unknown


Hello,

 

Been searching the forumes and through Web searches to no avail.  My IE 11 has 4 extension components installed and one of them (See image) shows up under "Not available" with name "Webroot" and under details of add on publisher is unknown, filenames and dates unknown.  I have disabled it and then as a test when re-enabling it looks to weant to enable my disabled extensions (I want toolbar and vault disabled).  I am pretty sure this "Webroot"  is a valid  extension but I want to be sure.  Also, maybe make the WR team aware so they can have the publsiher name etc. appearing so nobody else has the same questions or concerns as I.

 



 

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Shran 11 July 2014, 15:07

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello @ , welcome to the community!

 

I can not see the picture you posted as until you have reached CommunityGuide level, images need to be approved, Please take a look at the VIP rewards program https:///t5/Community-Announcements/New-VIP-Rewards/td-p/32094 for more details and also check out the Community Guidlines https:///t5/Community-Announcements/Webroot-Community-Guidelines/td-p/2

 

The Webroot extensions installed by Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus are valid and the publisher will be listed as well. This is how they appear in my IE 11 add ons. 



 

Please let me know if you do have Webroot Secure Anywhere installed on your system.

You may want to open a Support Ticket.

 
Thanks for the reply and sorry you cannot see the image I posted.  Anyway, it appears different than yours.  You have 3 total components listed while I have 4.  Mine are Webroot vault, Webroot Filtering Extension, Webroot Toolbar and one named Webroot.  The first 3 I listed are under one group called "Webroot  Inc." and the one named "Webroot" listed under a group named "Not available" and in it's corresponding publisher column noted as "Not available".  I do not have a group named Webroot Software Inc.

 

So, I guess my concern remains because it's not looking like yours.  What should I do?

 

BTW, I had recently re-installed because of slowness and used the recommended methods in doing so.  I dont know what the IE add-ons looked like before the reinstall.  Both the uninstalled and re-installed versions are the same 8.0.4.84.  Oh and it did help with some of the slowness I had been seeing.  Also, I have scanned both with Malwarebytes free latest version and also separately hitman pro.  Both on demand only and not resident programs.  Nothing was detected.

 

Thanks!
Userlevel 6
HI @ !

 

There is a fix for that, but I need to know what system you have, Mac or a PC?

 

Please let me know so I can give you a link for correct fix.

 

I also suggest that you open a support ticket
Thanks!  PC Win 7 64 bit
Userlevel 6
@ ,

 

I do have a group labeled not available as well in my IE add ons. There is an extention called Webroot with publisher  not available.  In Internet Explorer, Password Management is enabled with three extensions that work together: Webroot Toolbar, Webroot Vault, and Webroot. If the publisher says not avaolable, that does not effect functionality. It needs to be enabled to use password manager.

 

You can get the toolbar fix  here. Download the toolbar fix to your desktop or a folder where you can locate it. This will uninstall the toolbar and then reinstall it. The extensions are part of the toolbar.

 

When it completes, open your IE and check the add ons. If  the publisher for Webroot is unknown, please submit a support ticket

 

Please let us know if this corrects the problem for you and come back often!

 

Beth
Thanks Beth.  I dont want a toolbar and I dont want password management (I already use LastPass) so, does that mean I can disable the "Not available" Webroot item and still have the filtering working?  Seems, based on what you wrote that it can but not sure.  I can do the toolbar fix to adress the "not available" designation but if I'm able to disable it and still have filtering work, I would just pass on doing that.  Seems that you yourself have not done the fix given you mentioned you also have "not available" in your IE?  Please advise.

 

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi Dave,



Yes, you can disable the vault, toolbar, and "unverified" extensions and still have the filter 😃. I have done this myself. Also@BB97, you actually can disable the unverified extension as I have and still use the password manager with full functionality 😃.



Webroot's Password Manager is actually LP re-branded, so once your LP subscription expires, you can export your data to a .dat file, then import it to Webroot if you want.



Hope this helps!

Shran
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Hi Dave! 

  to the WSA Community Forum! Looks likr Shran and Beth are assisting you so you are in good hands! If you need anything else don't hesutate to ask our friendly group of Volunteers!! Have a great day!:D
Excellent and thanks to you and everyone else who so quickly responded to my posts and did so with great interest and not just stock or copy and pasted answers!! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

Excellent and thanks to you and everyone else who so quickly responded to my posts and did so with great interest and not just stock or copy and pasted answers!! 

Sure thing Dave! Take a look around and join in anytime. We always need help you know? The more the merrier!!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@_GoSpursGo wrote:

Hi Dave,



@Yes, you can disable the vault, toolbar, and "unverified" extensions and still have the filter 😃. I have done this myself. Also@BB97, you actually can disable the unverified extension as I have and still use the password manager with full functionality 😃.



Webroot's Password Manager is actually LP re-branded, so once your LP subscription expires, you can export your data to a .dat file, then import it to Webroot if you want.



Hope this helps!

Shran
Well it's best to leave that other Webroot BHO enabled as it needs to be there for everything to work correctly in Internet Explorer & WSA and at this time I'm at a lost what it's really for!

 

Daniel ;)

 

Userlevel 6
@ 
Thank you Daniel
Yes I also have disabled the unverified as well. I was not in the community when Dave asked about that. 
sending you a PM
@ wrote:

@_GoSpursGo wrote:

Hi Dave,



@Yes, you can disable the vault, toolbar, and "unverified" extensions and still have the filter 😃. I have done this myself. Also@BB97, you actually can disable the unverified extension as I have and still use the password manager with full functionality 😃.



Webroot's Password Manager is actually LP re-branded, so once your LP subscription expires, you can export your data to a .dat file, then import it to Webroot if you want.



Hope this helps!

Shran
Well it's best to leave that other Webroot BHO enabled as it needs to be there for everything to work correctly in Internet Explorer & WSA and at this time I'm at a lost what it's really for!

 

Daniel ;)

 



 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@BB97 wrote:

@ ,

 

I do have a group labeled not available as well in my IE add ons. There is an extention called Webroot with publisher  not available.  In Internet Explorer, Password Management is enabled with three extensions that work together: Webroot Toolbar, Webroot Vault, and Webroot. If the publisher says not avaolable, that does not effect functionality. It needs to be enabled to use password manager.

 

You can get the toolbar fix  here. Download the toolbar fix to your desktop or a folder where you can locate it. This will uninstall the toolbar and then reinstall it. The extensions are part of the toolbar.

 

When it completes, open your IE and check the add ons. If  the publisher for Webroot is unknown, please submit a support ticket

 

Please let us know if this corrects the problem for you and come back often!

 

Beth

Your correct about the extensions Beth but he didn't need the Toolbar fix tool so I gave you a solution also to be fair!

 

Thanks,

 

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Awww.. thanks @ 

 

You are the best Daniel!

 

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also another odd thing about this Extension in IE and @ can point the development team to this thread as it was supposed to be signed by Webroot as Publisher and now this odd Date?

 

Daniel

 

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

Also another odd thing about this Extension in IE and @ can point the development team to this thread as it was supposed to be signed by Webroot as Publisher and now this odd Date?

 

Daniel

 



This is what I have on mine and I am using the Beta

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the heads up.  I'll pass that along to the folks here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Same here Beth and today I get this! LOL

 

Daniel

 

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

Same here Beth and today I get this! LOL

 

Daniel

 



That IS weird! LOL!

I checked mine and it is the same as yesterday. 

 

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62



 

Daniel This is what I have!
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:



 

Daniel This is what I have!

Same as mine Sherry, 

Daniel, it looks like your system may have been invaded by the ghost of computers past, LOL! 



Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@BB97 wrote:

@ wrote:



 

Daniel This is what I have!

Same as mine Sherry, 

Daniel, it looks like your system may have been invaded by the ghost of computers past, LOL! 



Beth

That's what I was thinking! LOL

 

Daniel

Reply