Information about threats found in WSA 2014

• 28 September 2013
  • 8 replies

Hi

I'm using the new version WSA 2014 and it seems 100% efective, but there is a lack of information that I think developers should care of.

Let me give an example: I executed a exe file and WSA detected a threat shutting down the file but there is no information anywhere in the GUi about the kind of threat, or what file specifically was the threat since the file initially executed was an extractor of other files.  Even the web console has only information about malware detected and nothing more. The quarantine has no new file, so it is quite a mistery what happened.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jcmn :)

Hopefully someone from Webroot willl chime in one this, but as the 2014 is still at the Beta level, it is not surprising that some items are not fully functional as of yet.  I would expect changes in the Beta functionality as the official release gets closer.
Userlevel 5
WSA 2014 is still in beta, and is only available to the closed beta testers. Not everything is fully functional yet, such as the new web filtering.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
WSA 2014 is still in beta, and is only available to the closed beta testers. Not everything is fully functional yet, such as the new web filtering.
Hi Tony,

The Closed Beta Group doesn't really exist anymore the one's that were still have the Beta download link and that's it.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Although it sounds like you're on the beta channel, I'd like to take a look anyway to see what happened here if I may.  I'm going to send you a message via our support system, and if you could please reply back from the computer you experience the issue on, it will send me back a basic log file when you reply that will hopefully provide some insight into what happened.  Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
The Closed Beta Group doesn't really exist anymore the one's that were still have the Beta download link and that's it.
That's basically what I mean. Those that have *that* email with the download link are, as far as I know, the only ones to have access to the beta. If that is the case, it is still a "closed beta" even if the group don't collectively communicate on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ You have a PM waiting for you!

Daniel

"WSA 2014 is still in beta, and is only available to the closed beta testers. Not everything is fully functional yet, such as the new web filtering."

And it's coming out this week? Really?? They must have a very fast QA dept.
Userlevel 7
JCMN, I see 8 files that were manually overridden to a good status. However, I do not see any files currently flagged as bad. What is the name of the file you believe WSA blocked?