Solved

install onto new PC not working

• 3 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I got a new WIN 10 Dell desktop, and migrated apps and data with laplink.  It took 3 tries.  on the 3rd try I unchecked webroot and did not transfer it, based on laplink advice.  When I look on Webroot under PC security I see 2 iterations of the new PC, which I ASSUME is from the first 2 attempts to transfer.  I see no way to remove these.

I tried to DL the software from the website, I get the SAVE YES OR NO window, click yes, and nothing happens.  Webroot does not show up as a program on the new PC, although there is a folder on C:\Program Files\Webroot which I can put the icon on the taskbar, but cant open it or initiate a scan.  Help please!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 3 April 2021, 17:06

View original

9 replies

I did find how to delete those 2 priors, but still wont DL and ask for code

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @padlnjones 

I don’t know what really is going on here but it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to help you sort this out.

Have patience as the Webroot Staff is working from home because of COVID and it’s the weekend.

Thanks,

thanks for the reply.  I did as you suggested, but at that link I click continue, and get an”accept cookies” button.  when I click OK  it goes back to CONTINUE then back to “Accept Cookies”  and so on forever

I also established myself as administrator on new PC,  didnt seem to help

so unable to get support ticket.  any phone numbers to call?

i found a number

no, that was a business customer number.  the home number is pay to play…

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @padlnjones 

Here is the number but you can’t call until Monday: 7am to 7pm Mon to Fri MDT https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Technical Support

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@padlnjones  you can try this and if need be delete the Webroot Folders in Safe Mode then try a clean reinstall.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

thanks for the help, I got thru on the phone and your CS fixed me up. As I suspected it was the MacAfee that was blocking Webroot