Solved

Is SecureAnywhere Complete 2012 compatible with Windows XP??

• 20 March 2012
  • 1 reply

I have Complete installed on my laptop with Windows 7 and have no problems.  I also have it installed on a desktop with Windows XP and it's causing the monitor to go into sleep mode sporadically.  I didn't have this problem before installing Webroot so I uninstalled it to confirm it was the cause.  After uninstalling it, I no longer had the monitor issue.  I reinstalled Webroot and it started again.  Is it not compatible with Windows XP or do I need to change a setting or something?  While using the computer, the monitor will turn black and say "entering power save mode" then a few seconds later it will let you resume what you were doing.  Sometimes it will only do it once, other times it does it every 10 minutes or so.  What could be causing this?
icon

Best answer by JoshC 20 March 2012, 17:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi cscruggs,

Webroot SecureAnywhere is compatabile with:
  • Windows® XP 32- and 64-bit SP2, SP3
  • Windows Vista® 32-bit (all Editions), Windows Vista SP1, SP2 32- and 64-bit (all Editions)
  • Windows 7 32- and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows 7 SP1 32- and 64-bit (all Editions)

With the problem not occurring after WSA has been disabled, we would like to gather information regarding the environment of this machine.

Please open a support ticket here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Thanks,
Josh C