is there a way to stop potential virus messages from popping up on internet

• 16 October 2014
  • 1 reply

My computer has been cleaned and reset and since i got it back from the shop I keep getting messages of potential virus, is there a way to stop potential virus messages from popping up on internet

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello hros0907, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you provide a little more information as to the warnings you are getting?

If you are getting a potential virus warning on EVERY page you visit, there may be a problem with the WSA install on your comnputer.  There is currently a problem that has affected a very few users regarding this, and Webroot is needing more information.  If EVERY page is getting a warning, or pages such as facebook.com that you are 100% should not be getting a warning, please submit a Trouble Ticket.

If you are only getting warnings on some pages here and there, such as when you click a link on your Facebook newsfeed, then you really don't want to turn these warnings off: they are letting you know that WSA is correctly working and is blocking a potential threat.  Turning this off will leave your computer vulnerable to infection, and thus a return trip to the shop for another cleaning.  WSA may be just doing it's job the way any AV should be doing it.

Let us know :)

Thanks!