Solved

Is Web Root blocking my access to my bank?

• 15 September 2012
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I am trying to update my Quicken online and I can't get in.  Is it because of my bank or do I have to do something on WebRoot to get into my accounts?
icon

Best answer by slhayes 17 September 2012, 21:33

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I am trying to update my Quicken online and I can't get in.  Is it because of my bank or do I have to do something on WebRoot to get into my accounts?
Hello slhayes,

Is this the same machine with the Tray Icon issue? If it is did you contact the WSA support inbox as you could add this issue to the same support Ticket? As you said you were having issues with that system Identity Shield could be blocking something also if it is one of your other systems it could be the same issue of Identity Shield so again I would contact WSA support on the computer your having this issue with so they can have a look at your Logs to see what the problem is! As I don't use Quicken I can't say for sure sorry! And if need be they have a Tool to collect the logs they would need and they would send you the instructions on how to do so!

TH

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Triple Helix,
It started on the first machine not the one with the tray icon problem.  I just got their email this morning about the tray icon problem, but didn't have a chance to fulfill their request, I will be doing that shortly.  I normally access our bank accounts daily and had tried several times today and it could be the bank problem, I have to go back and try that again.  Things just aren't going all that smoothly, on top of this my machine down the basement has a problem with the monitor going black intermittenly, that one will have to be solved differently.  So I am kind of going in circles, had to take my husband to urgent care this morning too.  It will all be ironed out in a little while and I will clean up here so I don't leave it hanging for others who need to know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry to here that you had to take your husband to urgent care I hope he's well? I'm just saying this not to scare you as Identity Shield could be blocking an unknown Malware or Keylogger and the only way to find out is to contact support with the machine that your having this issue with and them collecting the logs they need to see! WSA is a very strong Anti-Malware and it keeps your online Banking and Purchases protected even if and unknown Keylogger is there or it could be a setting or something that needs to be whitelisted in the Cloud Database but they will let you know!

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I just sent the logs by way of the download they requested.  When I get something back I will post. 

My husband will be fine, just we are getting old and he has many things going on, and we have to go in when we see something happen.  Thank you for all you are doing for me here. 

I just tried to reaccess the bank account by way of the Quicken and it does look like something is blocking my access, I called the bank but won't be able to talk to someone until Monday.  I wanted to pay a bill, but I suppose I can do it directly online as opposed to using Quicken to transfer and update may accounts until I get it straightened out.  So it is a possiblity that these two problems are tied together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Lets try this! Open the WSA GUI and click on Identity & Privacy Tab see Here then click on View/Edit Protected Applications> Then Click on Add Application and direct to the following C:Program FilesQuicken Folder and look for the main Quicken.exe and add to the list and make sure it's under Protected and go back to see if if you can do your online Banking?

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also if you could look Here and see if Quicken is being Blocked and if it is put it under Monitor or Allow and try again! I hope one of these help but if not WSA support will find the cause!

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I treid both your suggestions, but it isn't working yet.  It was in the allow column, I moved it to the monitor, tried it, didn't work so I put it back on the allow, still didn't work.  The other suggestion I added the application's exe to the protected applications by way of browsing for the correct file of qw.exe but that didn't work either.  Thought sure we had it, but no go so far.  I'll have to do it through tech support.  Next week will be hard to keep up with too, appointment on Monday, another crazy week coming up, but I will be here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes the support inbox is the best at this time but keep us posted! Sorry I couldn't help you with my limited resources but I try my best as a Happy volunteer and user!  ;)

Cheers,

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I would just like to say thank you, you provided me with the information I was looking for when I posted.  I knew there must be some way to show what is allowed but I was at a loss on how to find it.

I am going to try and set up another card tomorrow and see if Quicken will access that account, I had to dig out an Amazon card we are not using, so I will have to set it up online first to be able to transfer the information on Quicken.  If that one works I will let everyone know.  I keep thinking I will find that the bank is just having problems, but we will see.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I just set up Quicken with an American Express card we got when my husband got hearing aids at Costco and I am on a computer that doesn't have all the latest balances, but it did access that account.  I am going to hope that our bank will be the problem for the rest of my account downloads.  I will let it be known once I figure this out for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Interesting maybe it's your Bank after all? Thanks for the update!

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I was just thinking about this did your Bank offer you any Free security software such as Trusteer Rapport and you installed it? If you do can you please uninstall it as WSA's Identity Shield is superior and could cause conflicts!

TH

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I looked at your link and would have to say no.  I don't remember any thing like that or any communication with them about it.  I was coming back here to post that the American Express download will only work on one of my machines.  I can't get it to work on the other two.  I do not do a lot with the one in the basement, but I did try to access by way of that computer this morning.  I have been playing around with the settings in Quicken but I am getting no where.  I tried the bank again,  they did say no one will be there before tomorrow, and I am not sure if I will be able to contact them tomorrow due to things we have to take care of away from home.  They will be there until 8 tomorrow night there is a small possiblity I might be able to get in there.  I am getting the feeling it may be a setting on Quicken that is stopping me.  My version is 2010 so I don't know how much tech support I can expect there. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
OK please keep in contact with the support inbox so that they can look at your logs to make sure if they can do anything on there end to help you! And you will be busy and that's OK because those things are more important and you could always check your online Ticket when you have the time! I would like to see these issues your having being fixed ASAP then you can enjoy the full protection of WSA-C!

Best Regards,

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I am beginning to feel guilty about all the time I am taking up here, but I did have another thought.  I mentioned that I had a problem before I came to WebRoot with infections on my machines while using Avast.  While I was trying to clean the machines the people on the forum had me download 4 programs.  I hope this is okay, but I am going to paste a link to that discussion here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=105402.0

It says in the early exchange I had which ones they recommended, could that be causing a problem?  I also removed Avast to see if that would help, but the answer still is no.  I saw where members here are using MalwareBytes which was one they had me download, I used to use it a while back, but for some reason I had stopped and just recently put it back on.  That one did give me a slight problem when I scanned with one of the other 3 programs it stalled my system on one machine and I was told it was caused by Malwarebytes and to uninstall it to be able to run the scan of OTL, then I put it back one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I know you are working with the support inbox so you should tell them this info in the Ticket! Also if it`s absolutely necessary do you or someone else know how to do a clean install of Windows and install WSA and then your programs?

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I thought they are not there on the week-end and I haven't heard anything from them yet, I thought I would have to wait until Monday?  As far as a clean install, this is a problem on 4 machines, and I did install XP on one of them a while back, went from Vista to XP, bought my copy online, I think it was from Ebay.  I am not sure what I am up to since it would involve 4 machines.  I think I will exhaust every other avenue first.  I used to have my two brothers do all this stuff, but it is late in life for all of us and I no longer have all their empathy.  For right now I am in a hold position.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Even though they haven't replied you still can add info to the ticket and lets hope for the best!

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Okay, I added that to my ticket, we will wait now.
Userlevel 7
Hey slhayes,

I caught up on your support ticket and responded to it. I will now be communicating with you through the support system. :D

It looks like the Quicken issue is not being caused by Webroot and I would be interested to hear any feedback from your bank if you care to share! I have sent you instructions regarding the missing tray icon to test if TeaTimer is conflicting with Webroot through the ticket system.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Hi MIkeR,

I will be out this afternoon, and don't know how much I will be able to tackle when I come back but want you to know I am aware of your post and will follow up and any information I will pass it on that includes what happens with my bank.  I see your response on the ticket and copied that to make it available when I get ready to do as you say.  Maybe it is on all the machines and I can hope it will help Quicken, but obviously I need to call the bank.  They are there until 8 tonight, but I am about to leave the house for I don't know how long.

Thank you and a lot of thanks to Triple Helix for his extreme effort this weekend and YegorP for stepping in too.  Be back later
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I got back from my appointment this afternoon and got home early enough to take care of a few things and the first thing I decided to do was see if I could update by way of Quicken and you guessed it, it worked.  So at that point I had to call the bank and ask what was up. and I was told Quicken and Quickbooks was down for everyone over the week-end.  They made it clear it was not 53rd's fault, but Quicken's.  So one reflex is what a relief, another is the thought of all Triple Helix did for me over the week-end.  Then MikeR comes along wanting to help on both my issues.  Thank you to all.

I have to add one other thing here since MikeR posted here, I have the instructions to uninstall teatimer.exe, but I can't seem to find it on the offending machine.  I will check back here, but will continue to look so hopefully I can make an effort to get the tray icon issue fixed.

Thank you all of you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It would be part of SpyBot S&D realtime protection in which you don't need and that's good news about Quicken! 😉 And it's always my pleasure to help users anytime! And all the Webroot Staff here and in the support system are always great!

Cheers,

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I found a artcle on how to disable the reatime protection Teatimer http://www.malwarehelp.org/how-to-enabledisable-spybot-teatimer.html

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Great news slhayes. :D

And yes we are very, VERY thankful that TH was here to help like always. That article is very useful and should help in disabling TeaTimer. Then perform a fresh UN/RE of SecureAnywhere and please let us know if the icon is visible.