Solved

is webroot ready for windows 10 if not when?

• 28 January 2015
  • 7 replies

am wondering if webroot is windows 10 compatible yet or is it in the works and will be ready when ms drops 10 in the streets this year?
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 28 January 2015, 12:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Windows 10 isnt finished, its keeps changing hence the issues. When its goes gold we will have a client that is supported. I am not a fan of public beta's like 10 because people think they are running a full proper version. Please dont expect 100% stability on a OS that isnt finished. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Windows 10 isnt finished, its keeps changing hence the issues. When its goes gold we will have a client that is supported. I am not a fan of public beta's like 10 because people think they are running a full proper version. Please dont expect 100% stability on a OS that isnt finished. 
I can't agree more with you Roy that's why I test them on VM's if it goes bad delete it and make a new one.

Daniel 😉
never use an os unless its been out at least 6 months, or for at least the 1st 3 or 4 patches..
My question is will Webroot be ready on the day windows 10 is released to public? I have been using it in a virtual machine for a couple of weeks and it preforms beter than windows 8.1 ever has for me and I have loaded all the same programs on it as I am runing on 8.1 except for webroot. It tells me there's compadibility issues and won't let it install. I had to install another antivirus that I use to use. There saying every where that windows 10 will be out the second week of July and it's 5/272015 now. I wan't to upgrade right away because I'm sick of 8.1. I've had to reinstall it 30 times in a six month period,and on this new waranty replcement computer 3 times in first 2 days I had it. I am putting off reinstalling it again for a problem that's minor I've had for 2 weeks, but it's still bugging me. I never had any major problems with any other windows operating system starting with windows 3.1. I can't wait to get rid of this junk!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep, we'll be ready on launch day. Our dev teams are working on the Windows 10 compatibility stuff as we speak.
Good to know. Thanks!
Userlevel 3
I think you offer excellent counsel. Windows 10 launch [slated for July 29] is a very ambitious and unprecedented endeavor.

Personally, I plan to sit back for a while and watch how things play out. Will not be surprised if servers crash. If I err, I will do so on the side of caution.