Solved

issue new version for Compatible with symantec and Trend Micro

• 22 September 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi ,

When issue webroot new release for Compatible with Norton and Trend Micro titaniuam 2013 ?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by TonyW 24 September 2012, 16:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
The product should be compatible with both these AV solutions. WSA has been engineered to work alongside other anti-malware programs.
Badge +9
I installed the newest version of Norton 360 yesterday.  It's the first time Norton has actually given me a message related to Webroot - said they were incompatible and gave me the opportunity to unistall Webroot.  But it also let me skip the uninstall pf Webroot, which I did (skip unintalling, that is).  I think in the past if you had something like McAfee installed Norton would refuse to install until the other security product was uninstalled, so maybe it's a "less serious" incompatibility to Norton?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I installed the newest version of Norton 360 yesterday.  It's the first time Norton has actually given me a message related to Webroot - said they were incompatible and gave me the opportunity to unistall Webroot.  But it also let me skip the uninstall pf Webroot, which I did (skip unintalling, that is).  I think in the past if you had something like McAfee installed Norton would refuse to install until the other security product was uninstalled, so maybe it's a "less serious" incompatibility to Norton?
I think it's not incompatibility in fact. It's just a marketing wise thing. Norton scans for other security solutions and if something is found a user will get such "nasty" prompt. Since that point it is solely on a user if he follows Norton's recommendation or not. However in a case of WSA you don't need to bother what Norton says about WSA and you can keep it.

In my case the Norton warning was counterproductive because I uninstalled Norton and kept WSA 😃
Userlevel 7
Hey smoddelm,

Both TonyW and Pegas are right. There should be no compatibility issues when running WSA with pretty much any other AV. The reason I say pretty much is that, as with anything, there may be an exception to the rule. But as far as I know, we haven't had customers running into serious compatibility issues. In your case, what happened after you had both products on your machine? Are you experiencing any issues running WSA and Norton simultaneously?
Badge +9
I ran Webroot with the prior version of Norton 360 for the better part of a year and I don't think it Norton even warned me when I installed Webroot OR when I had to re-install Norton once or twice with Webroot running.  It's the message with the newest Norton 360 update that caused me to wonder.
Userlevel 7
Hi smoddelm, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

I'd like to chime in here since I have been a customer of Norton for over 12 yrs and top reviewer on Norton's Safe Web.
Also I would like to add that I am not bashing any security software.
If you looked at Norton's Forum you will see that they are having their share of problems with the 2013 version. Also Norton employees fail to answer questions on problems. I have run Norton with WSA without problems (2012 version).

Due to Norton's silence of unanswered problems I did as pegas, Uninstalled Norton and kept WSA.