John's Background Switcher (JBS)

• 24 October 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Since the Microsoft Creator update I get the error"Failed to delete the following temporary folder: C:UsersXXXXAppdataLocaljohnsadventures.comBackground SwitcherCurrent_1"

John's  Background  Switcher    creates that temporary folder when it switches   backgrounds and then deletes it. When the folder is being created all its   permissions are being removed by Webroot which causes JBS problems when it tries to   delete it .

If I turn off Webroot it all works correctly so it is NOT a Microsoft problem!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ossie

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would try add the relevant executable and/or main components for the app to the 'Block/Allow' tab and see if that helps.

To do that click on the gear/cog to the right of the PC Security tab. Then click on the 'Block'Allow' tab. Once that is open click the 'Add File' button, navigate to the relevant folder for the app, select the main executable(s) & then click 'Open'. Then find the entry for the executable selected, in the File list displayed and make sure that the radio button for 'Allow' is enabled.

Now try the failing process again and see if that helps. If not then I would Open a Support Ticket, explain the issue to the Support Team and see if they can figure out what the issue is/resolve the issue for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Thank you for replying. I forgot to mention that the Author of JBS  said it was a problem created by Webroot as other anti virus programs are fine.   I have tried adding executable to   Add/Block but it made no difference. I have sent a report ticket.
Userlevel 7
Hi ossie

Many thanks for the update. Please let us know what the Support Team come back with. All feedback is very much welcome as it helps us help other users who, in the future, may come here with the same or a similar problem.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention. The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. This issue is related to the infrastructure that Webroot uses and is not related to the program on your computer nor the computer itself. 

Once a fix is deployed, the issue you reported should be resolved. No change to your system is necessary. 
Userlevel 7
Hi ossie

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like we will have to wait for the fix to appear in a future release; Beta first so that it can be given a good test. I will look out for it.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Issue now resolved by Webroot. All working fine again   although Webroot had not told me they had resolved the issue!
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Happy to hear it's been resolved @