Solved

Just sick

• 10 November 2012
  • 3 replies

:I have a new two week old computer that I wanted to get decent virus protection installed.  I uninstalled the free 30 day promo software that was on the computer then uploaded a 14 day trial of webroot.  When I restarted the computer, my computer would not open.  I let it sit for 4 hours hoping that it would find a way.  NOPE.  So I had to restore my two week old computer to open it.  In the process I lost all of the programs that had been uploaded which included a main program for my employer that was essential to my job.  

I read all of the reviews on this software and installed it believing I would have no issues. 
Do you put reviews on sites to make it look as though this is the best software????  I have used Kaspersky as well as Norton in the past and had nooo issues. 

Unless my programs can be restored I will be going on the sites to resolve the lies that are posted.   I am just disgusted.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 11 November 2012, 20:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello LynnLPN and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

I'm sorry that you are having this issue and is not typical of WSA to do this as it's the weekend I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket and I know the support inbox will do there best to help you.

TH

Userlevel 7
Hello LynnLPN, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Sorry to hear of your issues with WSA, Support should be able to sort this for you. 😉
Userlevel 7
I apologize for the frustration LynnLPN.

We do not place fake reviews and I think this could have been caused by remnants of the software that you removed or possible "headless" drivers that were left over. The Support Ticket is the best route and in the future you can open one before performing a system restore so that we can investigate what the conflict was. Now that there has been a system restore, the programs will need to be reinstalled manually. Are these programs that were installed by your employer no longer available for a reinstall?

Edit: Here is a Microsoft help file that will help you undo your system restore. If you wish to undo the restore you performed, you will have the programs back that you lost, and we can then collect logs via the support system to troubleshoot the conflicts for free.  Windows - System Restore (undoing the restore is about 2/3 of the way down)

We will be happy to assist you with our free support.