Solved

Keeps asking to install browser extension

• 1 December 2014
  • 10 replies

Webroot keeps asking to install the browser extension even though it is already installed.  It askes this for all the browsers and will open all the browsers to reinstall even though if you look at the browser installed extensions it is already there.

How to get it to stop asking to keep reinstalling the browser extensions?
icon

Best answer by EaglesPDX 2 December 2014, 01:31

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello EaglesPDX,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Because a Clean install could help this issue.

Best Regards.
Userlevel 7
If I can add to what Sherry said, there are two different extensions for WSA: the Web Filter Extention and the Password Manager Extension.

You might check to see which extansions are installed and enabled. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi David,

I have to admit that this occurs frequently in all of my browsers and the extensions are enabled. So I might need to do a  clean reinstall myself!

Mostly happens with Safari wanting to install extensions again especially when using FF.:@

@ Thank you for pointing that out because that's a very good suggestion. 😉
It's on a Mac.

Are there instructions somewhere for a "clean install" which I'm guessing means an uninstall prior to reinstall?
The extension that is installed is Web Filter 1.0.2.41.  

The loader does not say what it is trying install just says Webroot Extension.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
It's on a Mac.

Are there instructions somewhere for a "clean install" which I'm guessing means an uninstall prior to reinstall?
Hello EaglesPDX,

Yes please follow these instructions here below

Uninstalling SecureAnywhere from a Mac

1.   Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon (green W) in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.
2.   If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.     
3.   Open the Finder by clicking the Finder icon in the dock.     
4.   Open the Applications directory.
5.   Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.
6.   A confirming window appears.  Click Uninstall.
7.   Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled.  There is no need to restart your computer.

Make sure you have you keycode available to reinstall WSAC.

Mac Download Link:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsamac.dmg

Please let us know if you have anymore issues!

Best Regards,

Thanks.

I'll give it a try later and let you know the results.

Is there anything during the install that might cause it to keep asking?   Some box I should leave unchecked?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thanks.

I'll give it a try later and let you know the results.

Is there anything during the install that might cause it to keep asking?   Some box I should leave unchecked?
Hi EaglesPDX,

After you reinstall the browser extension will install themselves in the browsers. You can check if they are installed or not by going into Preferences in Safari/ Extensions and see if its enable there. If you are using FF/Addons and check to see if they are enabled there. Chrome you can check Settings/Extensions and look there. But I woud let Webroot install these first. Then you can check to see if extensions are there.

EDIT No there isn't any boxes that need to be unchecked.

If you have any trouble uninstalling WR. let us know.

If you prefer to Contact Support they will help you free of charge if you don't want to handle this on your own.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
The clean install seems to have worked.  WR extention is installed in all the browsers and it doesn't ask to keep reinstalling.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great to know that everything worked out for you EaglesPDX!

If you need any further assistance then you know where to come!

Have a great evening!