I am also having an issue with the Secure Anywhere Complete edition. It will not allow me to login and says that my email or password is not correct. I know that I am putting it in correctly, as well as the keycode. I have installed the regular versions on my devices because I couldn't get the Complete to work, and my devices show up in my account after I login, but for some reason the Complete will not accept my creds. I have changed the password so many times trying to get it to work. I really like this product and the best feature is the cross-device compatibility. Can someone help me out here? Keep in mind that I can login to everything else just fine, but it does seem to want one password on my PC for the sync login and a different one on the web portal. At any rate, I can at least figure that out. Please help.
Best answer by YegorPView original
First, I just wanted to let you know that we moved your post to it's own thread as the error you're reporting suggests that is is a whole different issue altogether.
The good news is that we've written a https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for/Mobile-quot-Login-Failed-The-email-or-password-you-entered-is/ta-p/5812 that provides a variety of possible solutions for this exact error and I think you'll find your answer there.
If, for any reason, none of the suggested solutions resolve the issue, please let me know and we'll continue to troubleshoot accordingly...Welcome to the Webroot Community! 😃
Sorry to hear you still can't get the Complete app to work on your mobile device. First, you mention that you installed the 'regular' versions on your devices. Are you referring to the free Webroot mobile app? If you still have any of these versions installed on the device you're trying to install the Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete mobile app on, please uninstall them first before trying to log into the Complete app.
Secondly, can you please Private Message me the keycode and email address you're using when you try to log into the Complete app? *When you send the credentials in a Private Message, make sure to type them and not use copy and paste* Hopefully, this will give me a better idea of what exactly is going on.
*Communicated with via Kelly PM and ended up issuing a new keycode/new "My Webroot" Account and disabled the old keycode*
I will get that info to you in a minute.
The first thing to try is making sure that you are downloading the correct Android Version. Refer to to This Knowledge Base article for information on the different versions for Android.
Also, make sure that you are using the the same email address login and password that you use to log into Your Online Account Manager. If you have not set up the online account, you will need to do so before you can log into the Mobile version.
I hope this helps!
When the list of users comes up, double check all of the permissions and make sure that Mobile Security is set to Access.
If you have the correct Andriod version, and the user is configured correctly in the Console, you might want to Submit a Trouble Ticket
Have you taken a look at this knowledgebase article yet? I see you have an AOL email address, and the email address being autofilled on your Android is most likely not going to be an AOL email address, making that the most likely cause of your issue.
Another thing to try is ensuring you have granted yourself permissions in the online console to all of the features you have available to you, such as Passwords and Backup. To do so, sign into the online console, click your email address, go to Manage Users, click the little guy with the pencil, and grant any permissions that may not already be allowed.
edit: David beat me to it 😛
Did you follow the instructions I provided before? You're sure it's not auto-filling your gmail email address? It auto-fills whatever email address you are using for Google Play, which is probably not the AOL email address associated with your Webroot account.
Assuming you've followed all other suggestions in the knowledgebase article I pointed at before, the next thing we could do is start you over on a new keycode and online account. That would bypass the issue entirely and should resolve the problem. We can do that for you if it's the only remaining option. Please let me know.
There are other causes as well.
When I changed my password later, the problems were back.
This is what I found out:
When creating a password with the online console, some special characters looks like they are beeing registered by the usual dot. But they are not.
When trying to login on mobile or backup with these characters, the login fails. I you enter your password without these special characters - it works!
On the online console, you are able to log in with these special characters - or without - since they are not recognised by the online console when entering them.
That makes this confusing - you think your password is correct (and so did customer support).
Another issue was that I was able to use the numeric keypad when creating a password online, but I could not enter numbers by using the numeric keypad when logging in to the backup feature. They were not entered.
I hope I got this correct, and that it might be helpful to someone.