Solved

Login Failed - Email or Password is Incorrect

• 17 August 2012
  • 17 replies

Hello,
I am also having an issue with the Secure Anywhere Complete edition. It will not allow me to login and says that my email or password is not correct. I know that I am putting it in correctly, as well as the keycode. I have installed the regular versions on my devices because I couldn't get the Complete to work, and my devices show up in my account after I login, but for some reason the Complete will not accept my creds. I have changed the password so many times trying to get it to work. I really like this product and the best feature is the cross-device compatibility. Can someone help me out here? Keep in mind that I can login to everything else just fine, but it does seem to want one password on my PC for the sync login and a different one on the web portal. At any rate, I can at least figure that out. Please help.
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by YegorP 17 August 2012, 18:05

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey kellym78,

First, I just wanted to let you know that we moved your post to it's own thread as the error you're reporting suggests that is is a whole different issue altogether.

The good news is that we've written a https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for/Mobile-quot-Login-Failed-The-email-or-password-you-entered-is/ta-p/5812 that provides a variety of possible solutions for this exact error and I think you'll find your answer there.

If, for any reason, none of the suggested solutions resolve the issue, please let me know and we'll continue to troubleshoot accordingly...Welcome to the Webroot Community! 😃
I read that article and have already tried everything in it. I still can't get it to work on any of my devices. None of them are rooted so that doesn't apply to me. 
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi Kelly,

Sorry to hear you still can't get the Complete app to work on your mobile device. First, you mention that you installed the 'regular' versions on your devices. Are you referring to the free Webroot mobile app? If you still have any of these versions installed on the device you're trying to install the Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete mobile app on, please uninstall them first before trying to log into the Complete app.

Secondly, can you please Private Message me the keycode and email address you're using when you try to log into the Complete app? *When you send the credentials in a Private Message, make sure to type them  and not use copy and paste* Hopefully, this will give me a better idea of what exactly is going on.

*Communicated with via Kelly PM and ended up issuing a new keycode/new "My Webroot" Account and disabled the old keycode*

Thanks,
Yes, I mean the free versions. They work fine, but obviously lacking the functionality that I paid for with the Complete. I can login, and in my console, it has those devices listed. (I installed the free version on 2 devices after having the same issue trying to login on both with the Complete.) I installed that after trying to install the Complete probably 20 times on each device. I now have another device without anything on it, and thought I would give the Complete another try. So, I have had this problem across multiple devices for some time, and it's not an issue of trying to install Complete over the free version. 
I will get that info to you in a minute.
Thank you.
Login and password incorrect. I bought the complete app. I first set it up on my PC no problems there. till I try to put it on my android fone. I had already registered mywebroot account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Setup new password. Need help thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hello nutty30m and welcome to the Webroot Community!

The first thing to try is making sure that you are downloading the correct Android Version.  Refer to to This Knowledge Base article for information on the different versions for Android.

Also, make sure that you are using the the same email address login and password that you use to log into Your Online Account Manager.  If you have not set up the online account, you will need to do so before you can log into the Mobile version.

I hope this helps!
I had bought the wsa complete version. And before I tried to put it on my fone and after I installed it on my PC I registered my account. Using the same login and password it tells me that it is incorrect.
Userlevel 7
Again, double check that you have the correct Andriod version installed.  Also, log into your Console and then click your email address at the upper right hand corner, and choose Manage Users.

When the list of users comes up, double check all of the permissions and make sure that Mobile Security is set to Access.

If you have the correct Andriod version, and the user is configured correctly in the Console, you might want to Submit a Trouble Ticket
Userlevel 7
Hi nutty30m,

Have you taken a look at this knowledgebase article yet?  I see you have an AOL email address, and the email address being autofilled on your Android is most likely not going to be an AOL email address, making that the most likely cause of your issue.

Another thing to try is ensuring you have granted yourself permissions in the online console to all of the features you have available to you, such as Passwords and Backup.  To do so, sign into the online console, click your email address, go to Manage Users, click the little guy with the pencil, and grant any permissions that may not already be allowed.

edit: David beat me to it 😛
I still get the error message login or password incorrect. Really tired of this guess its not as easy as y'all say huh.
Userlevel 7
Hi nutty,

Did you follow the instructions I provided before? You're sure it's not auto-filling your gmail email address? It auto-fills whatever email address you are using for Google Play, which is probably not the AOL email address associated with your Webroot account.
Yes I did make sure cause it does auto fill with another email but I always clear it out completely and start over. I have uninstall it like 4 times with the complete version of the software every time
Userlevel 7
Have you tried resetting the password?  You're sure you're entering your password and keycode?  You're not trying to enter your security code are you?  We've found that sometimes people think the keycode and the security code are the same thing although they are not.

Assuming you've followed all other suggestions in the knowledgebase article I pointed at before, the next thing we could do is start you over on a new keycode and online account.  That would bypass the issue entirely and should resolve the problem.  We can do that for you if it's the only remaining option.  Please let me know.
This error message is misleading. What they mean to say is the permissions need to be updated on your account. Find the account settings on your Secureanywhere personal page and make sure to grant access on these three lines:   Mobile Security Console, Backup & Sync, and Passwords Console. After this is successfully done you wait 20 or 30 minutes and your phone will actually accept the password etc and allow its inclusion in your account. This should be an FAQ on their site since a lot of people are having the same problem.
Userlevel 7
Hello gandrwillis and welcome to the Webroot Community.  I think you might be right.. as those permissions are sometimes the cause.  

There are other causes as well.

KB Article

KB Article
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello gandrwillis and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 1
I had problems with login for both mobile and backup. I got a few hours of help over the telephone from support, but they were not able to find out what caused this. We ended up with creating a brand new account (keycode) for me.

When I changed my password later, the problems were back.

This is what I found out:

When creating a password with the online console, some special characters looks like they are beeing registered by the usual dot. But they are not.
When trying to login on mobile or backup with these characters, the login fails. I you enter your password without these special characters - it works!
On the online console, you are able to log in with these special characters - or without - since they are not recognised by the online console when entering them.
That makes this confusing - you think your password is correct (and so did customer support).

Another issue was that I was able to use the numeric keypad when creating a password online, but I could not enter numbers by using the numeric keypad when logging in to the backup feature. They were not entered.

I hope I got this correct, and that it might be helpful to someone.